Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Enkei RPF1

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Enkei said to go by the specs the vehicle has for the lug nut tq. Philo mentioned the manual says 100lbs. so I guess I'll re-torque the wheels before I drive it again.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the responses

I'm going to order my Enkei PF01s on Saturday in size 18 x 9.5 x 45 mm offset as I know this works with the Steeda Ultralites.

I've been advised that the front center caps won't fit but that doesn't bother me on a track only wheel.

I guess if I bend an Enkei I'll have to use my spare Steeda Ultra Lite until I could get a new Enkei. I can't afford to order 5 Enkei's

Can't wait for the first track day!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Yeah the centercaps on the PF01 look pretty shallow. Can't see those clearing the wheel hub "cap" on the front end. Suckage.

Hoping I don't run into that issue with the RPF1. The caps on them look like they should allow for more room but I suspect it's gonna be close.

Here's a "teaser" pic taken with my cell phone today in the garage. Torqued them down again this time to 100 ft lb. Didn't seem to move them much so I guess they are on pretty tight now.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6366/0image327.jpg
Old 03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Oh that is a tease!! Looks very nice; can't wait to see high quality pics when they're ready.

As for the torque on the wheel studs, you get two figures from Ford.
2006 Mustang Owner's Guide (p. 176): 100 lb-ft.
2006 Mustang Workshop Manual (p. 204-04-1): 98 lb-ft.

If you're worried about 2 lb-ft, you're a nut (pun intended). Most torque wrenches have anywhere from +/-2% to +/-4% accuracy anyway.

I should also clarify my "order" for the PF01s. I don't have an order in direct from Enkei, I have an order in with my wheel shop. They have multiple sets coming in, and I have dibs on the first four. So once their stock runs out then we're looking at putting in a call to Enkei if the need arises (which one hopes does not). I'm assuming the same is true for many shops around the country. They'll have stock on hand until they all sell, and we'll see what time-frame that puts us in for the next batch to be shipped out to US shops.

Best,
-j
Old 03-03-2010, 06:43 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

any picts of the wheels on the car yet? curious to check it out
Old 03-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

*bump*

Took these today w/centercaps on. Might take a few tonight when I go test out my driveshaft.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

OK I got some better ones this time.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=27
Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

looks good all blacked out
Old 03-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Very cool! The black-on-black is just plain mean (like that "Mustang-cop-thingy-from-the-Transformers" mean, really mean!).

Also looks like they give you about as much caliper clearance as the OEM Bullitts...

As for appearance, I'd humbly offer three recommendations...
1. Smoked front turn signal lenses (to complete the black theme)
2. Lower the car (yours looks like a stock ride-height)
3. Front chin spoiler

At any rate, the car is looking good, and I'm glad all the worries over the RPF1s were laid to rest.

Best,
-j
Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Yeah I was a little paranoid there for a while and I'm glad things seem to have worked OK especially the centercaps. Snapped right in, no hassles at all. BTW I have to say Brian @ Goodwin - good vendor IMO. Would buy from him again.

I keep having people tell me to lower my car but I've got reservations about it. I drive my car a LOT and the roads here are terrible. It's no garage queen. It sees 4-6000 miles a year on bumpy crappy roads. I don't want to have to avoid speed bumps all the time. And also, if I lower it the right way entails more than just sticking springs on there. Pinion angle could be off at that point and I might need relocation brackets welded in there too. One thing leads to another and if I go down that road it's not going to be simply a set of springs and then done.

Quick Reply: Enkei RPF1