Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

How many of you are lowered, what did you use, and pics :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:04 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default How many of you are lowered, what did you use, and pics :)

so i lowered my 05 Gt with Tokico blue shocks and eibach pro kit springs. Car looked good, but eh ride sucked. I want to lower my 10, but I don;t want to go through years of a crap ride. I will do a few autocross events, maybe a track day, but mostly the car is my daily driver. I'm not The Stig so i don't need max performance.

So tell me what you used if you are a lowered 10, springs, shocks, and tell me if your car needed an adjustable panhard bar or not. i assume like on the 05, the shock mounts here are single use turds as well. Were you able to gt by with longer bolts for alignment like Eibach makes? Throw up some pics too so we can see what it looks like and give me a very honest and frank comparison to stock ride. mostly i don't want a compressed spin on the highway. My 05 would throw you up out of the seat when you hit some highway bumps at 70 like you were in a school bus. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:37 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

See my sig for what I've got. Lowered the front about .75" and the rear 1.3". The handling improvement is fantastic, it's so much more fun now on a twisty road. The ride is fine. I think there is perhaps a little more noise when you hit a bigger bump, but certainly not an issue. I did need a PHB as it was about 1/4" off center. The PHB has improved the handling as well. The stance is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited by WeinerDog; 03-18-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

I'll get roasted by the masses but I didn't swap out my shocks. Just Eibach Pro's, stock shocks, and no panhard bar. The ride is stiffer than stock but not bad at all. This is my daily driver too and I hit some nasty, weather weary roads in downtown Milwaukee. I have no issue with the ride.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Old Chuck

Default I would get in touch with Sam Strano

He is extremely proficient in suspension issues. He runs auto X and uses his 'Stang as a daily driver. He posts every now and then. I have found him to be very honest and willing to talk about any issues involving handling or ride. I would contact him just to talk before I made any decisions. Few folks have been running Mustangs as long as he and few still hold multiple national championship status.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:19 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Old Chuck
He is extremely proficient in suspension issues. He runs auto X and uses his 'Stang as a daily driver. He posts every now and then. I have found him to be very honest and willing to talk about any issues involving handling or ride. I would contact him just to talk before I made any decisions. Few folks have been running Mustangs as long as he and few still hold multiple national championship status.
Yep, sent him a PM a bit ago. Tks
Old 03-18-2010, 06:57 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I am running the same set-up as WeinerDog and as he stated it is much improved handling over stock and still maintains great ride...

Old 03-18-2010, 08:24 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

My current suspension includes Eibach pro kit. It also includes their heavy duty sway bar kit and Qa1 12 way adjustable rear shocks...I first put on Eibach sport-lines on but didn't like the rake:

Pro's

Sport-lines:

Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

I did the Pro Kit with UMI LCA's and relocation brackets. Had to use the longer bolts up front for the alignment. It gets a tiny bit bumpy here and there, but I've racked up over 7k miles on the setup, and can't really complain.
Attached Thumbnails How many of you are lowered, what did you use, and pics :)-2010gt-001.jpg   How many of you are lowered, what did you use, and pics :)-2010gt-006.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Ford Racing goodies. 1 1/4 inch drop
Old 03-19-2010, 10:40 AM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Cars look good, good info here

Quick Reply: How many of you are lowered, what did you use, and pics :)