Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Anyone using the roush stage 3 suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:08 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Anyone using the roush stage 3 suspension?

I am wondeinrg since the roush suspension doesn't lower the car that much if you still need an adjustable pan hard bar. The stage three kit is what is used on the 427r and I don't think it has an adj pan hard so I am guess not, but i wanted to see if anyone here is running that kit and can give me some info.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

Most people most likely aren't using the stage 3 because that is specifically made for the supercharger weight. However the regular roush suspension I looked into an can't decide if I want the roush or the FRPP
Old 04-04-2010, 05:16 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lax07
Most people most likely aren't using the stage 3 because that is specifically made for the supercharger weight. However the regular roush suspension I looked into an can't decide if I want the roush or the FRPP
Yeah i should have said the roush suspension kit in general. i figure if it needed it, the roush kit would include it and they would put it on their cars. Also i haven't driven the FRPP suspension kit, but i did drive a 427r with the stage 3 and it was fantastic. ride wasn't harsh at all and it handled much better. I was very impressed with it.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

I ran the Roush stage two kit for about six months on my 2010 (the blue parts). I can't comment on the ride of the stage 3, but I do know it has stiffer front springs and a solid front sway bar. If you don't go with a supercharger it might not lower your car much in the front.

The stage 2 kit is an excellent well put together kit an I highly recommend it. It improves handling significantly, yet is smooth and refined enough for daily driving. I have driven with four adults in the car and it never bottomed out once even on the biggest bumps. The kit comes with shocks/struts, springs, sway bars and smaller bumpstops. It lowered my car 1.0" front and back. I bought mine off ebay for $950.00 shipped. I didn't need an adjustable panhard bar with the stage two kit. The axle only shifted 1/16 of an inch and this was too small of an amount for me to justify buying the adjustable bar.

I would avoid the FRPP kit. It lowers too much and the shocks that come with the kit are terrible... way too stiff. Before I bought the Roush I got a ride in a Shelby GT with the FRPP kit to make sure I didn't want the FRPP kit. It only took me 30 seconds riding in that car to decide the FRPP kit wasn't for me.

Last edited by Blair; 04-04-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
I am wondeinrg since the roush suspension doesn't lower the car that much if you still need an adjustable pan hard bar. The stage three kit is what is used on the 427r and I don't think it has an adj pan hard so I am guess not, but i wanted to see if anyone here is running that kit and can give me some info.
I have a stage 3 suspension on a stock GT and love the ride and handling. No regrets at all. To answer your question, I finally just switched from the stock 17" bullets to 18x9.5's and noticed that my rear is off center a noticeable 1/4 inch. The adjust. panhard bar is my next on my list.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I'm just running the springs(stock struts/shocks) and I had to get an adjustable panhard rod to align the rear(I got the Edelbrock piece which has zerk fittings to grease the bushings) and after 40,000 miles, everything is solid & tight. I'm pleased with the factory struts/shocks & the Roush springs, not too harsh & handles much better.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

I recently got the Roush 427R and the suspension is superb for a daily driver - much more comfortable than I would have expected. Not sure if it has an adjustable PHB - I'll check. Also, should be on the Roush web site.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:08 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

427R suspension does not include adjustable PHB.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Chainsaw

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Got any pics. I want to see if the nose sticks up because of the lack of the supercharger.