Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Let's Talk LCA's...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:35 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

BMR "Combo" LCA's. Polyurathane bushing on the body side and a spherical end on the axle side. One of the best things i have done to my car. They eliminated all my wheelhop. They are made extremely nice and i would buy them pver and over agian without hesitation. They do not make as much noise as a full spherical settup would but there is a slight amount more noise transmitted, but with you exauset i doubt you would notice anyways.

If you have any more questions shoot me a pm.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:44 AM
JimC

I have the J&M HotPart LCA's and UCA and have been very happy with them. They have a different end with a poly and spherical ball. No binding in turns and really firms up the rear end.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Also wondering why I would need adjustable..
The biggest reason to get adjustable LCAs is if you need to correct the thrust angle. IOW, get the axle perfectly square in the car. You can use them to tweak pinion angle, but at some risk of "un-squaring" the axle.

Reasons you might need to do this include (a) the axle is a little 'off' from square as it sits, and (more likely), (b) you add relocating brackets but either don't get them installed identically side to side or they aren't quite identical to begin with. Keep in mind that everything fabricated has a 'tolerance', and that sometimes out of tolerance happens.

Billet is far more for show than performance. If you're going to give it severe abuse - drag racing and hard launches are still the big ones here even if you do manage to stay out of wheelhop - choose some other design. Don't consider tubular aluminum unless you're going to inspect it from time to time (unlike steel, aluminum has no stress level below which it will last indefinitely).

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 04-09-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRock
BMR "Combo" LCA's. Polyurathane bushing on the body side and a spherical end on the axle side. One of the best things i have done to my car. They eliminated all my wheelhop. They are made extremely nice and i would buy them pver and over agian without hesitation. They do not make as much noise as a full spherical settup would but there is a slight amount more noise transmitted, but with you exauset i doubt you would notice anyways.

If you have any more questions shoot me a pm.
good to know, that's what I was looking at getting.