Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda sport springs + Koni yellows = WIN

Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Kobie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crescent_wrench
Seems a little too much for my tastes. I'm backing off to 1/2 turn in the back and 1 turn in the front. I'll try that for a while. Man, the springs and Konis really transformed my car! No more wheel hop, nose dive, or ugly fender gap.

1 1/2 front 1 rear is what ended up working best for me with the Koni Yellow/Steeda sports.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:10 PM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

Thats awesome. I've been thinking about that set-up or steeds springs with d-specs. I think I might be leaning towards the konis
Old 07-12-2010, 07:36 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Sitting nice now.....
Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 AM
Ranzo
1st Gear Member

You did great work there with the suspension, congratulations! Nothing better than it all coming together.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

I have the Steeda Sport springs and stock shocks/struts. I am looking for shocks. The ride right now is way to hard.

Since I just have cervical spine surgery I just can't take the thrashing on Michigan roads. I gotta do something to make it ride better.

I was looking at the D-Specs but sound like you all have ahd really good luck with the Koni's.

I have to get somethign adjustabel so i can tweak the ride.

Anyone do springs before the shocks and struts and experience the same harsh ride? How is it now with better shocks and struts?

any advice would be appreciated. Sorry for the high-jack. OP - Love the look!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:38 PM
GRABOID
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08Steeda
I have the Steeda Sport springs and stock shocks/struts. I am looking for shocks. The ride right now is way to hard.

Since I just have cervical spine surgery I just can't take the thrashing on Michigan roads. I gotta do something to make it ride better.

I was looking at the D-Specs but sound like you all have ahd really good luck with the Koni's.

I have to get somethign adjustabel so i can tweak the ride.

Anyone do springs before the shocks and struts and experience the same harsh ride? How is it now with better shocks and struts?

any advice would be appreciated. Sorry for the high-jack. OP - Love the look!!!
Ive heard the sports with Konis on full soft is like having stock suspension so I dont know if they would help. Give Sam a call at Strano performance, Im sure he can hook you up.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:42 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID
Ive heard the sports with Konis on full soft is like having stock suspension so I dont know if they would help. Give Sam a call at Strano performance, Im sure he can hook you up.
Thanks - Already left a VM for him.

Appreciate it!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:09 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Full soft is better than stock for sure....I'm sure the springs help things as well though.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Gonna do the D-Specs. Waiting on final price from my Steeda Rep. Hopefully they can get installed ASAP along with a new tune.

Funny - I called and PM'ed Sam no response. I also called and stopped in at several local shops and no one has gotten back to me other than my Steeda Rep.

So I am staying loyal and getting them thru him, plus Steeda will do the installation.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:08 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Sam may be out racing, check his site and see if he has it listed as closed. Teh good thing about sam is that you can call and ask questions about tunign for your needs and he will tell you. Mos tof these other shops either wont know or wont bother.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steeda sport springs + Koni yellows = WIN