Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Need a lil help tightening up suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kobie
Yep I do! I've done a bunch of changes to the suspension, some things twice, and have ended up with what I think to be the best combination of parts for "me". (Steeda Sport springs, Koni yellows, Fays2 Watts Link and Strano front/rear adjustable sway bars) That certainly might not be the best for someone else, but it works for me! Putting in the watts link was a night and day difference in the overall way the car rides and handles. With the equipment list on your car it should be a very noticeable improvement. I'd recommend finding someone who has installed them before and can help you tune it after the install. Sam Strano was a huge help with parts and advice.
Im still waiting on the LCA relocation brackets, Do u have full length subframe connectors on you car? Overall Im very happy about my car it just needs little things fine tuning to it. Also has anyone installed the front A arm supports im wondering if and how it works...
Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Kobie
2nd Gear Member

I have the full length BMR weld in subframe connectors. Most everyone says they are overkill, but I did them any way. Added weight vs Added rigidity
What A arm supports are you talking about?
Can you clear up my confusion on your front air dam/splitter???
Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Below is the air dam splitter i have mine is just painted to match and i had the lip painted as well.... i dont recommend it to anyone that uses the car as a DD hangs WAYYY too low

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...itter_s197.php

the A arm brace i was talking about are BMR A arm supports
Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, my splitter has been fixed 2 X now! It is low.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:27 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FrigidReflection
Below is the air dam splitter i have mine is just painted to match and i had the lip painted as well.... i dont recommend it to anyone that uses the car as a DD hangs WAYYY too low

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...itter_s197.php

the A arm brace i was talking about are BMR A arm supports

Same splitter that I have but yours is Carbon Fiber. I have ABS. Didn't have the carbon fiber in stock or available when I got mine.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Kobie
2nd Gear Member

Ah! Must be the paint scheme that's throwing off my eye!
A arm brace/K member brace came stock on the '07's and newer. Check to see if you have one first. If not any brand will do. I have the Steeda. I also have the Steeda front sway bar braces. http://www.steeda.com/products/front...ount_brace.php
Old 08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kobie
Ah! Must be the paint scheme that's throwing off my eye!
A arm brace/K member brace came stock on the '07's and newer. Check to see if you have one first. If not any brand will do. I have the Steeda. I also have the Steeda front sway bar braces. http://www.steeda.com/products/front...ount_brace.php
Yeah it took me a while to figure out which one i actually had for a while too i ordered the thing on impulse and then took it to get painted and put on before really inspecting it.... i think after i install the LCA's i might be done for a while i still need a intercooler, steeda crank pulley, and meth i wanna run 450 hp as safe as i can when i actually do floor and drive my car.... poor car barley gets driven lol theres not even 10k on it... my lil STI has been my DD
Old 08-07-2010, 01:24 AM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

OMG your "little STi".... love it !!! For you UCA.. are you running adj. or Non adj..
Old 08-07-2010, 02:01 AM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyask
OMG your "little STi".... love it !!! For you UCA.. are you running adj. or Non adj..
Haha sometimes the my lil STI seems to have more potential then the mustang just cause im running out of things to do to it. As far as UCA im running a adjustable Comp Steeda one...

BTW how are the 4.30's treating u on that and im curious what that is running in the 1/4 like that
Old 08-08-2010, 01:50 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Hey i saw you at Super Car Sunday a couple weeks ago and i will be one to tell you that this car is DONE and SICK! Btw the grill is mine if you take it off lol.

Quick Reply: Need a lil help tightening up suspension