Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Tokico's and BMR springs

Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
nhvickery
2nd Gear Member

Default Tokico's and BMR springs

My stock struts are wearing out so this gives me an excuse to spend the money and do what i've been wanting to do for awhile. I'm looking at getting the Tokico D-specs and BMR Progressive springs. From what I've been reading it looks like I also need chamber plates as well. Is this true? If so should I just get the GT500 ones or go with something better? Also, am I missing anything? I want to do this myself, I've heard Tacobill has a thread on it but I can't find it.

Thanks for the help,
Nathan
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Nathan--

BMR springs are crap. SoundGuyDave can attest to that. There are way, WAY better spring options out there. I carry a lot of different brands that we can talk about. Steeda, Eibach, H&R, Vogtland....

The D-specs are an ok option, but again I feel Koni Sports are better dampers and better built, certainly better warrantied should you need it, which is a less often then you'd need it on a Tokico. I sell both of those brands as well where many other places don't sell a variety like I do and will tell you what you want to hear.

In fact I have D-specs for $589/set shipped, which I think you'll find is a pretty fair deal.

As for the upper mounts. You could by GT500's for less than a set of Steeda HD mounts (which I have for $275/set) but you get the same poor design as stock and no ability to adjust your camber which will change due to the lowering. The HD mounts kill two birds with one stone.... Give you adjustment to camber, and get rid of the poor OEM Ford designed mounts that are failure prone.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
nhvickery
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the feedback but can I could bug you some more? Are the chamber plate necessary or just nice to have? Keep in mind I'm not building a race car this is my daily driver. And please give me some good advice on springs, the only reason I was going with BMR is because that is what my other suspension parts are. I'm not set on them. I'd like a nice drop but nothing too low. Also for a fun street car do adjustable dampers have an advantage? are they even worth it if im not going to take it to the track? I might take it to the drag strip every once in a while but nothing serious.

Thanks again,
Nathan