Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Brembo GT vs. M3--the video..

Old 08-29-2010, 02:20 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CliffyDeuce
And that only makes the decision harder...cause I do love the new Mustangs, too...
that's true, when some used 5.0's pop up that'll make for a tough decision
Old 08-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl
that's true, when some used 5.0's pop up that'll make for a tough decision
Though I've owned many used cars, when looking for a replacement in 07 to replace my 02 camaro (purchased new) I said I wouldn't go for a second hand sportscar..musclecar...but if the 4V 5L's prove to be as reliable as the 3V's I may change that view. That and the fact current supspension modifications will transfer to the new car, my next vehicle will likely be a new 5L mustang. When this 07 is paid off next year I'll probably have them put an FRPP supercharger on the 12' and drive it off the lot that way. Transfer all my suspension mods to the new car and should easily get ~$10k in resale on the 07.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

How about adding this to your 2011

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/
Old 08-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Just1Guy
1st Gear Member

Must be nice to have your threads stripped of all posts that are not flattering. Did your Mom used to beat kids up for you when you were a kid too?

I suppose I would do the same thing if I were the Milli Vanilli of the suspension world.

Last edited by Just1Guy; 08-29-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Just1Guy
Must be nice to have your threads stripped of all posts that are not flattering. Did your Mom used to beat kids up for you when you were a kid too?

I suppose I would do the same thing if I were the Milli Vanilli of the suspension world.

and your problem is? dont derail another thread.... take this to PM's if you are so hell bent on trashing him...
Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Just1Guy

Waaaah, waaaah!
Drop it.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

It may have been a close race, but you'd be a retard to take a mustang over an m3. The m3 is a better car, it's german, and the extra money is for the build quality and the nicer materials. I love both cars, but ford's quality will never come close to bmw...get real

nice to see such a close race though, i'm sure with some quick mods the mustang would probably win
Old 08-29-2010, 10:59 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

In reading this article again again, I found out something I totally missed the first time I read it. The M3's torque curve NEVER even reaches 300 crank ft-lbf! And this why the Coyote can keep up with it: the 5.0 pumps out almost 100 ft-lbf more of max crank torque.

As far as the power goes, the only thing that the M3 has going for it, based on the max power number, is that the M3 engine holds onto its torque band much longer than the Coyote does.

If the Coyote can be further refined, such that its torque curve is increased to a max crank 400 ft-lbf, and to hold onto its torque band much longer, the Coyote will spank the M3 engine.
I wonder if the 2012 Boss Coyote can be tuned to do just what I said?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Just1Guy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
and your problem is? dont derail another thread.... take this to PM's if you are so hell bent on trashing him...
The point is to pull his pants down in front of his customer base.

Customers should be made aware of when they are being dished up an unqualified opinion from a retailer. With any other product/service EVERYONE would be piling on the retailer if it was brought to light that they may not be what they claim.

Anyone can claim to be a suspension tuner. The customer base doesn’t understand the subject matter enough to know when they are being whitewashed. A few big words and “I won a few races” seems to be all it takes to have instant credibility in the layman’s eyes.

Wouldn’t you want to know if your engine builder had a bare minimum of engine building experience/knowledge? Of course you would.

Wouldn’t you want to know if a retailer had horrible customer service before you shopped there? Of course you would.

How could you possibly know if a suspension tuner is as qualified as they claim?

And as far as the above post, it is about him having negative posts about him deleted. That is weak and embarrassing. The equivalent of “Taking your ball and going home”.

He has a couple of options of shutting me up. I know what I would suggest if the roles were reversed.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:42 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

" The customer base doesn’t understand the subject matter enough to know when they are being whitewashed. A few big words and “I won a few races” seems to be all it takes to have instant credibility in the layman’s eyes."

seriously, can we get rid of this condescending a-hole? if i wanted to be called an idiot i'd be conversing with my wife sitting to my left...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brembo GT vs. M3--the video..