Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Spring rates for 2011 GT Brembo brake Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lawman1
Sorry about the typos. Unfortunately I don't know how or if I can edit the post.
If you go back to the post it should allow you to edit it in the lower right hand corner with an icon to the left of the Quote Icon

I use it all the time
Old 10-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Just1Guy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
All right f*ck-head.. What are the stock spring rates? How fine were the spring rates tuned? Do you know the size of the bars on the car (right down to wall thickness)?
I have no idea what they are. YOU DO. But apparently OEM spring rates are so Top Secret that they can not be shared with your customer base. Top secret OEM spring rates, paaaaleeeezzzeee!

But if I did have a set I would be happy to test them and post the results.

I'll be waiting for your report.
Why would I want to post a report? I’m not selling anything, you are.

I've *HAD IT* with you and your sniping.
I would be frustrated too if I had an entire group of people snowballed and someone came along and pulled my pants down all the time.

Show some ***** you little troll.
Are you in 7th grade? Since when has that tactic worked?

You continually say stupid stuff,
Name one example where I posted something that was not correct?

claim you know it all.
I have never claimed to know it all. In fact I realized a long time ago to be a good suspension engineer I had to come to grips that I would never know it all.

Never post your name
It’s completely irrelevant. What my name is has nothing to do with what you do and do not know.

or anything else tangible.
In regards to you “fluffing” yourself up I have posted lots of things that are tangible.

When you get run out on a rail with your old screen name with this sort of crap you come back with a new one.
This is the only one I have ever had.

I'm as sure as I can be given your shady, under a rock nature
This is an internet forum where people post from behind screen names and avatars you tool! No one represents themselves as they really are, embellishes their image (you being a perfect example), lies about their accomplishments, skill level, etc. Knowing someone’s name tells you nothing more about them than their shoe size would.

And again, who I am has NOTHING to do with who you are.

that you are Legion5....
I assure you I am not.

Course we don't know because he like you, would never say anything of substance.
That’s funny, the same thing could be said about you. The only reason what you post seems to contain substance is that you have an audience that clueless when it comes to suspensions. You throw a few theories and big words out there that are “freshman” level at best and because no one knows anything about what you are talking about it sounds impressive.

Go ahead, keep on attacking me. I'm up for it you just make my phone ring more because I get more chances to show what I know. I guess I should thank you.....
I accept your invitation. I suspect it is disingenuous and you will be sending a moderator my way again to ask me to stop picking on you though.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Just1Guy
Top Secret STOCK spring rates? Cut it out, That’s ridiculous, . . .
I doubt that they're "top secret". Anybody with access to the proper instrumentation and test rig can determine them. Even you or I could (but I can't be bothered).

What you seem to be missing is that

(a) if they're from Sam's own measurements, that makes the numbers his intellectual property, to dispense freely or not at his discretion.

(b) if they're from a Ford source, it's ethically poor practice to divulge somebody else's data without their express permission to do so. Pretty damn stupid if they were given in confidence.

Think about it.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-05-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

The drama lama has struck again.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

This is great... ... not sure which one maybe everyone. LOL.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:41 AM
Bucephalus

Nothing Top Secret, but people want you to think that.

The Brembo Spring Rates are:

131 lbs Front
167 lbs Rear
Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

The rates aren't a secret, unless I know them and others don't---in which case they are work product.

This is drug way up from the past, but isn't is interesting when you see the rear springs only change about 10 pounds. Yeah, the ride issues were more related to dampers/settings than anything, but lowering springs aren't for everyone.

*and* since I've not seen this thread in a while, let me just say this to Just1Guy, genius he thinks he is. I HAVE NEVER SENT A MODERATOR TO ANYONE ON THIS BOARD, I CAN AND DO FIGHT MY OWN BATTLES, and you can feel free to ask any Moderator you can find. If a Moderator has scolded you, then you need to ask yourself why that might be.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bucephalus
Nothing Top Secret, but people want you to think that.

The Brembo Spring Rates are:

131 lbs Front
167 lbs Rear
That is not correct. No way the rears are stiffer than the fronts I have measured a bunch Mustang springs.

From Rehagan "I say that Ford mixed up the spring rates in the Boss supplement. 26nm is 148pound/inch which is slightly higher than 142pounds/inch of the stock rear and far less than the stock front. 32.4nm converts to 185 pounds/inch which is slightly higher than the stock front 165pounds/inch. For the LS they lowered the rear to 24nm or 137pounds/inch which is even less than stock. But raised the front to 33.5nm or 181pounds/inch. Swapping heavier springs to back makes no sense and is not what they did."
Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Bucephalus

Originally Posted by 908ssp
That is not correct. No way the rears are stiffer than the fronts I have measured a bunch Mustang springs.

From Rehagan "I say that Ford mixed up the spring rates in the Boss supplement. 26nm is 148pound/inch which is slightly higher than 142pounds/inch of the stock rear and far less than the stock front. 32.4nm converts to 185 pounds/inch which is slightly higher than the stock front 165pounds/inch. For the LS they lowered the rear to 24nm or 137pounds/inch which is even less than stock. But raised the front to 33.5nm or 181pounds/inch. Swapping heavier springs to back makes no sense and is not what they did."
Sorry to say that your are wrong on your assumption. I know, because I have recently tested these BREMBO springs and can tell you that we came within a couple pounds of the rates that Ford gave for the Brembo Springs which were ( 131 lbs Front) and (167 lbs Rear). All S197 chassis cars have a lower rate front spring rate than the rear spring.

Remember the S197 Chassis is a different animal from the FOX Body or SN95. So those theories can not be applied.

Also (Rehagen) got his conversion in N/mm wrong.

2012 Boss 302 is: 148 lbs. Front / 186 lbs. Rear
2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca is: 137 lbs Front / 191 lbs Rear

You may be asking why I know this? Because currently I am working on a new 2011 Mustang Spring Kit. The numbers are fresh in my head and spreadsheets.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

I've measured a few springs as well.

............................................front. ...............................rear
OEM GT ................L ...............165............L................... .142
05-09

OEM GT Vert...........L ...............144................L............... 122
05-09

OEM GT ................? ...............?................?................. .....?

OEM GT Vert ..........? ...............?................?................. .....?

OEM GT500 ...........L ...............190.............L.................. .166
07-09

OEM GT500 ...........? ...............?................?................. ....?

H&R Supersport.......P. ............?-275 ...........P ................?-245

Steeda Ultralights ...L ...............195 ............L ...................175

Steeda Sport .........L ...............200 .............L ...................175

Steeda Comp .........L ...............225 .............L ...................185

FFRP K Springs* ......P ............173-239 .........P ..............195-236

Ebach Pro* ............P ............173-239 .........P ..............195-236

Ebach Sportline .......L .........Way Too Stiff, FOR RACE USE ONLY!!

BMR (pn SP009) .......P ..........160……............ L ..................140

CDC Ford Motorsport kit lowers one inch. front 185........rear 165

Quick Reply: Spring rates for 2011 GT Brembo brake Package