Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Need Opinions on future suspension setup

Old 10-03-2010, 07:43 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Default Need Help with suspension setup

I am looking to upgrade the suspension of my car in the near future. It has been one of those things that I have been talking about and wanting to do forever but it never seemed to work out with funds or timing to do the mod. This car is my daily driver and I do live in a city with a lot of speedbumps and inclines but I feel doing the suspension is one of the things that will make me get the most enjoyment out of my car. I am not looking for a setup to tear up the track, just something that will give me more enjoyment and a sporty feel out of driving my car. This is the setup I was looking to get, the eibach pro system plus kit which comes with shocks, struts, anti roll bars, and lowering springs. I was also going to get an adjustable panhard bar for extra support since i have 275s in the back. Any opinions or help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/eibach-pr...-2010/p/EPSP2/

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-panhard-0509.html

Last edited by ReaperGT; 10-04-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

quite frankly I feel that the pro kit will lower your daily driver too far, so that those speeds bumps, curbs and parking lot wheel stoppers will become your enemy.
My Shelby GT with the FRRP suspension is the only Mustang I've seen that can still clear most curbs and stops, yet give a great, sporty ride.
The only thing nicer would be to have adjustable dampers for when I wanted to do some serious running in the twists and turns.

And what size wheels do you have? Very often a lowering will require bigger, lower profile rims.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Do you have any pictures of your car with the frpp kit? I would absolutely love to have that kit but it is nearly twice the price of the eibach kit everywhere i look. Adjustable dampers doesnt make that much difference to me since I would mostly pick one setting and then not touch it again. My wheels are 18 inch fr500s, but I have seen roush's with 18s that are lowered so Im not too worried about the rims
Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Lots of options.... Eibach dampers aren't very good. Their springs aren't IMO the best choice. The bars are ok, but lack the adjustment range of others (say like the ones I make) and are heavier too as I use a hollow rear bar as well. Having said that, I sell all of Eibach's line if you are hell-bent on that kit... but for a bit more I can get you a Koni/Steeda Sport/Strano swaybar setup that's got way better dampers (with a real warranty), better springs, and better and adjustable at both ends sway bars...

Or we can talk over about a hundred other options... And there are way better PHB's as well.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:21 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Sam, do you sell "package deals" similar to the one found on cjponyparts? The reason I ask is because knowing me I will forget a component or something. If not then what parts or part #'s from your site do you recommend for a modder on a budget? Thank You
Old 10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I tend to avoid a lot of tidy little kits beyond what I tend to us a lot of anyway... kits are about easy sales the majority of the time....

I will say this. If you call those other places you won't likely get the owner-- and the owner won't have likely have my experience with these cars both as daily drivers and in competition. And finally, I'm around for questions and advice. For instance I'm here. They aren't.

And I won't let you forget something that's critical. Again this is why I like to actually interact by phone with customers.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

and the other guys don't send you "free" stuff you can pay for later.

*kidding with you Sam*

Do business with this guy, he knows what you need and will NOT allow you to make a mistake the first time. So many of us "modders" buy something we really don't need or was a poor choice.