Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

DEFINITIVE ANSWER ON OEM WHEEL WEIGHT AND OFFSET FOR BREMBO 2011 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 02:26 AM
lawman1
1st Gear Member

Default DEFINITIVE ANSWER ON OEM WHEEL WEIGHT AND OFFSET FOR BREMBO 2011 GT?

I'm looking to buy some Forgestar wheels for my 2011 Brembo Pac.. I am of course worried about issues such as caliper and fender clearance.

I was hoping to get definitive answers to teh following questions.

1) What is the current offset of the Brembo pac. wheel on a 2011 GT? (No Guessing)

2) What is the weight of the Brembo pac. wheel.? (no guessing or guesstimating)

3) Has anybody put forgestars on their 2011 brembo pac and if so how was the fit and what offset did you get?

There is not one definitive answer anywhere on the internet as to the first two questions. Let's see if we can be the first.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Do the people selling you the wheels offer them for a GT500? If so then that is a pretty good indication they will fit.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:22 AM
captcarb

1. You can take a wheel off and find the diameter, width, and offset on the back side of the wheel.

Or, there is a picture of the back side of a wheel on this e-bay listing:

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...Q5fAccessories

Buying a 19x9.0x42 wheel will not guarantee that it will clear the brakes. The shape of the spokes matter.

If the manufacturer does not know, you could send them a template to check it.

jim
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 AM
captcarb

sorry, here is the correction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-20...Q5fAccessories
Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lawman1
I'm looking to buy some Forgestar wheels for my 2011 Brembo Pac.. I am of course worried about issues such as caliper and fender clearance.

I was hoping to get definitive answers to teh following questions.

1) What is the current offset of the Brembo pac. wheel on a 2011 GT? (No Guessing)

2) What is the weight of the Brembo pac. wheel.? (no guessing or guesstimating)

3) Has anybody put forgestars on their 2011 brembo pac and if so how was the fit and what offset did you get?

There is not one definitive answer anywhere on the internet as to the first two questions. Let's see if we can be the first.
Well, I had a set of Forgelines made for my car. That's what is on the car my avatar picture..... (edit... on other sites, I haven't changed this one yet). I'll see if I can post a picture of the wheels I choose.

Offset is 42mm..

Weight is 25-26 pounds (scale varied a little).

Again, I have Forgelines (and I'm a Forgeline dealer.....). They are 20 pounds each, fit is perfect but it should be as they are custom made. .

You just have to ask the right poeple Carlo!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Here's a link for a better look.... They do come in different colors and that's not the only wheel choice either..... http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbymodel.php?ModelID=35
Old 10-15-2010, 01:31 PM
captcarb

Are we talking Forgeline or Forgestar, or are they the same?

jim
Old 10-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I do Forgeline (and can do HRE too as well as a bunch of others). I don't do Forgestar, which is what the OP mentioned. But there are a lot of options and I'm not sure what model he was looking at.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

isnt 25 pounds per wheel a relativly low number?
Old 10-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Not really..... 20% per wheel is a lot to save. The trouble is many aftermarket wheels that look good and are cheap, weigh a ton... usually more than that which makes 25 look not so bad.

Remember that wheels are not only unsprung weight (not good for ride, it's more mass to move up and down), but are also flywheels. Unlike the one on the engine, you have 4 of them to speed up and slow down. Folks will go with lighter driveshafts to save mass and ignore the wheels--and can save more mass on the wheels.

Quick Reply: DEFINITIVE ANSWER ON OEM WHEEL WEIGHT AND OFFSET FOR BREMBO 2011 GT?