Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda or Eibach Rear Anti-Sway Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:52 PM
KCSTEVE

Default Steeda or Eibach Rear Anti-Sway Bars?

My 2009 GT Convertible now has several engine performance upgrades but the only thing I have done for the suspension has been to install a Shelby Strut Tower Brace, which does seem to have firmed up the front end.

The front anti-sway bar on the GT looks pretty thick, but the rear anti-sway bar looks pretty thin as do the drop mounts. I was thinking about installing either a Steeda rear Bar or an Eibach rear Bar and maybe some beefier mounts. The red Eibach matches the car color which is cool but want to make sure I get the best one.

PS- I do not want to lower the car or make for a firmer ride, just tighten up the rear end.

Thanks and Looking forward to your comments!!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I sell both... Those that sell Eibach will say Eibach, and those that do only Steeda will say Steeda. Both bars work fine, but I sell more Eibach here because they come with aluminum mounts.

That said, you'll want a front bar to, I'd recommend the set. The front bar is bigger than stock, and 3 way adjustable too. I've never had anyone put a 35mm front bar on and regret is. Yes, stock is 34mm, but in swaybars, that's a big difference--about 11% softer than a 35mm bar (and that's with the 35mm bar set full soft).

Anyway here's a link to my swaybar options.....http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...&CategoryID=80

You can feel free to call me with any questions...