Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

FRPP handling pack from CDC

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:39 AM
shonole
2nd Gear Member

Question FRPP handling pack from CDC

Okay guys, I've decided to tackle some suspension work on my car. I've done quite a bit of research and have some ideas in mind, but I just wanted to see what y'alls opinion was of this pack that CDC is offering? It looks like a good deal, but what kind of results could I expect?

Thanks!

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_detail&p=152
Old 06-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

If they throw the springs in I'd have to say that's one hell of a deal for $350. You should see a substantial increase in road feel and handling I would expect. Never used the FRPP parts but know folks that have.

Most of them used the FRPP package to get started with suspension upgrades and then swapped most of them out for higher quality (and much more expensive) parts later down the road.

It's a good way to get started, improve your car and start learning about/working on your suspension.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 06-04-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:02 AM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

the springs they have are not the ones that will lower the car, just so you know.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

CDC have been trying to unload FRPP Struts and shocks at killer prices for over a year. I was tempted to buy a set of backup struts when I was there last year but passed at the last second.
I'd be all over that if I was looking to upgrade, plus, CDC are an outlet to trust.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
shonole
2nd Gear Member

My understanding is that they are the "P" springs, that (once they settle) will lower the car by 0.5"-1". That's about all I'm looking for, as the car is a DD, and I have to deal with south GA/north FL roads! I think I'm going to pull the trigger on these.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

That is a killer deal for improved performance over stock. I too would consider teh .5-1" stock drop. Anything more to me makes it hard to justify because of the ride comfort sacrifice...

So it's the FRPP rear sway? Bigger than stock I'm assuming the...?
Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

FWIW the parts that CDC has been trying to uload for a while now are all from the defunct Foose Stallion cars. Apperently Foose made them stop using his name to move the parts, i had the spoiler and hood the sell on my 05 and when i got them they were selling them as parts from the foose. I beleive they had paired these with eibach lowering springs on the stallion cars, they had the springs for closeout pricing at the time i bought the 05 parts but sold out.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:49 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

I bought that setup but haven't installed it yet. Less than an inch of drop will be perfect for me. I will be combining it with the GT500 upper strut mount and the J&M trailing arms and panhard rod. Everything is sitting in boxes waiting to go on. Do you feel the frustration.....
Old 06-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

I've been running across those "Stallion" FRPP springs for the last month. Can't remember where, but I was reading about their spring rate is lower than my current springs on the Bullitt.

Some were even comparing them to normal GT springs and saying they were softer riding.

Seems to be at odds with "handling" to me to run a softer spring...but then again, the price is very low at $100-120 shipped on these springs. Wish I knew for certain if they were .5" or 1" drops.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
Seems to be at odds with "handling" to me to run a softer spring...but then again, the price is very low at $100-120 shipped on these springs. Wish I knew for certain if they were .5" or 1" drops.
email CDC and they will tell ya

Quick Reply: FRPP handling pack from CDC