Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2011 handling improvements

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Good information......that's a good education/understanding of handling.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Will do....I'm gathering information at this point. I plan on purchasing a new GT next month or around that time frame.
Well, the best information you can get is going to be driving the car and seeing what you think for more than a few minutes here and there. Brand new they are at their best. The shocks are the more controlled, and well--it's new to you and everything new is perfect.

The 'net can certainly be a good resource, but it has it's pitfalls because *anyone* can spout an opinion, and many can sound good. So for me it's about what you want, what you think... not some random dude on the web. Though as you hang around you'll find there are folks you can pretty much rely on, and some that you can't.

I'll be here, have been for years, and don't intend on not being around anytime soon.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:34 AM
HareBrained
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
not some random dude on the web.
Can I change my moniker to "SomeRandomDude"?

I have been autocrossing since 1999, I have an aerospace engineering degree, and I know a lot more about vehicle dynamics, but I know less than 1/10th of what Sam knows about what it takes to make a Mustang work the way you expect. I've never met him but have met people like him, and "some random dude" says you can trust him.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Thank you for the compliment HareBrained.

Of course you won't get terrible advice from everyone. ... Just being honest, about 20 times a day a tap my head off my desk over things I read. And I don't know it all, those that think they do will be in trouble. I'm always learning, double checking, trying different things too.

All I meant was that anyone can sign up for these Forums. Costs nothing and only takes a computer (hell now it just takes a phone!!!). So you have to be careful with the information you get, because it might well be from someone knowledgeable--or the stranger you met standing on a Ford lot looking around at Mustangs. His/her being there and showing an interest in a Mustang doesn't mean they know much about the cars.

FWIW, I kind of like SomeRandomDude as a screen-name.