Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

PZero Nero All Season + light snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
jamesgribley
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
What area of Michigan? I'm in the Port Huron area and we had a lot of snow, blowing snow, and white out conditions. Was not a fun drive in on Monday. The Blue Water Bridge was closed because on the Sarnia side it was so bad they had to close the 402.
Canton...between Detroit and Ann Arbor....and I did hear about the bridge...forgot...yeah you were in a blizzard....

Grib ley
Old 12-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Considering the Stang sucks in the snow and that dedicated winter tires make it passable at best, drive with "reckless caution" and you should be fine providing the roads are already plowed. Otherwise, call in sick.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:14 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Considering the Stang sucks in the snow and that dedicated winter tires make it passable at best, drive with "reckless caution"
Driving mine daily on ice and snow with winters and it drives like a dream. Every bit as good as my wife's van on snows.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Whitestang41791
2nd Gear Member

absolutely horrible! i got stuck with less than an inch of snow on the ground.. was stopped at a light and couldnt get the car moving again. tried first second and thrid gear(third just stalled) its a helpless feeling..my baby will be sitting under a cover this winter (atleast when it snows)
Old 12-19-2010, 03:13 PM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wrxified
Driving mine daily on ice and snow with winters and it drives like a dream. Every bit as good as my wife's van on snows.
Useless comparison. You're comparing a car that sucks in the snow to another vehicle that sucks in the snow.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:16 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tr6nut
Useless comparison. You're comparing a car that sucks in the snow to another vehicle that sucks in the snow.
Whatever. I can drive. And it drives excellent in the snow. And I've driven countless AWD high performance cars in the snow. Literally countless.

Last edited by wrxified; 12-19-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:11 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Whatever. I can drive. And it drives excellent in the snow. And I've driven countless AWD high performance cars in the snow. Literally countless.
Mustang isn't AWD.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:29 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Mustang isn't AWD.
LOL. No $hit. Are you serious? I'm simply saying I've driven cars that are made for traction in any environment and there is nothing abnormal about a Mustang that would keep me from driving it in the snow with a good set of tires.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:31 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

LOL. No $hit. Are you serious? I'm simply saying I've driven cars that are made for traction in any environment and there is nothing abnormal about a Mustang that would keep me from driving it in the snow with a good set of tires.
The AWD comment was pointless, is all. Has nothing to do with driving the RWD mustang.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:36 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
The AWD comment was pointless, is all. Has nothing to do with driving the RWD mustang.
No it wasn't pointless. My first comment came from Nuke's on the Stang sucking in the snow. Sucking in the snow compared to what?!? Most people who make that blanket statement are commenting on the fact that RWD sucks in the snow which is I why I compared it to other types of vehicles.

Quick Reply: PZero Nero All Season + light snow