Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

suspension/brake upgrade 09 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM
dustinkew

Default suspension/brake upgrade 09 mustang

i've been searching this forum and haven't seen what im looking for yet. i'd like to know what modifications, if any, i need by adding 410's and a CAI plus tune on a 09 mustang gt.

thanks
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM
07RedMGT
1st Gear Member

Edit: I found my brain and realized what you were actually asking, sorry. I know Brenspeed has Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted they also have a drilled set. IMO as long as your not flooring at every red light you should be fine. That is unless you plan on heavy track days

Last edited by 07RedMGT; 12-22-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:46 PM
chrumck
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dustinkew
i've been searching this forum and haven't seen what im looking for yet. i'd like to know what modifications, if any, i need by adding 410's and a CAI plus tune on a 09 mustang gt.

thanks
You have to ask yourself couple questions and tell us the answers:

1. What kind of driving you want to go for? Daily driver? spirited driving? Occasional track days or more track than road?

2. How much you want to spend on looks and how much on performance? 100/0%, 50/50, 0/100%?

3. What is your budget?

I can tell you one thing. I drove my 06 the last season in completely stock form (except for the pads and cooling ducts, the exhaust doesn't matter anyway) and this car can take a lot of a heavy duty track use without any mods, just decent brake pads.

Oh, and tell me whether it's manual or auto.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:13 AM
dustinkew

Sorry 07red the question is for suspension/brakes. I see you figured it out though. My post was a little ambiguous.

For the other questions
1. Spirited driving
2. 50/50
3. Budget depends on what you suggest has to be done. like will your suggestions take care of what I eventually want done? I'd like to stay in a mid tier quality product range.

Oh and it is a manual trans
Old 12-23-2010, 07:59 AM
chrumck
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dustinkew
Sorry 07red the question is for suspension/brakes. I see you figured it out though. My post was a little ambiguous.

For the other questions
1. Spirited driving
2. 50/50
3. Budget depends on what you suggest has to be done. like will your suggestions take care of what I eventually want done? I'd like to stay in a mid tier quality product range.

Oh and it is a manual trans
So on the technical side you really don't need to do anything except maybe the pads. I'd go for something like EBC yellow stuff or Hawk HPS.

Think about the tires, they make a huge difference. With handling in mind, Dunlop Direzza Star Specs would be my pick but there are many more good options, maybe even better ones if you're more into straight line performance.

If you start getting wheel hop, think about replacing rear Lower Control Arms. Be careful what you pick for LCA's. You should be able to find plenty of threads and advices on best LCA's on this forum but basically you want to avoid binding of the axle, too much NVH increase and spending too much money.

If you want to spend more, lower the car by 1 inch to get better overall handling. Ask Sam Strano if you want a good package.

As for the looks, I won't give you any advice. I'm an 1/99 guy. Besides, It's all about personal taste.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I'm happy to help. I have big brake kits, also upgrades to the stock sized brakes, LCA's pretty much most everything you might need (or want).

You don't *NEED* to do anything, technically... Only if you want to improve the car. We could all be running around in stock cars, but we don't because we want something better, right?