Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Up For a WGI Track Day? - Especially you Canadian Guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Default Up For a WGI Track Day? - Especially you Canadian Guys

May 2-3 NASA North East and Performance Drivers Association will be at Watkins Glen for a two day HPDE. I'm giving some seious thought to attending this one.

You folks in Ontario might want to think about it as well. I know of 15 cars driving down from your area. If you are interested let me know and I will hook you up with the organizer from there.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Tempting but I'm already signed up for May 27 at Mosport.

The Glen is one of the tracks that I would like to try. Maybe later in season.

The other concern is that it is a long way from home if the car blows up or gets bent
Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Thats the same thing you said last year*...LOL.

I hear you Colin - when I drive to VIR its 6 hrs each way and I always have the same fear: what if I crack the car up and can't drive it home. But sometimes you just have to say WTF! and go for it. Besides - thats the whole point of going with a big group. You know how guys at track days love to help out. Even if the worst did happen I doubt you'd have much problem getting her home.

I'm the same way - every year I say I want to go to Mosport but unfortunately never make it. Its a big trip and a long way to go. One of these days...
Old 01-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Argonaut
Thats the same thing you said last year*...LOL.

I hear you Colin - when I drive to VIR its 6 hrs each way and I always have the same fear: what if I crack the car up and can't drive it home. But sometimes you just have to say WTF! and go for it. Besides - thats the whole point of going with a big group. You know how guys at track days love to help out. Even if the worst did happen I doubt you'd have much problem getting her home.

I'm the same way - every year I say I want to go to Mosport but unfortunately never make it. Its a big trip and a long way to go. One of these days...
Thanks for reminding me

Last year I went to a two day event at Mosport in August and am thinking of passing it up this year. Anything at Watkins Glen in August?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:11 PM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Hi Colin.

Whose running the event on May 27th and is it the big track or the DDT? Don't forget "Mustangs at Mosport" is on the 13th June.

Cheers.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nemosgt
Hi Colin.

Whose running the event on May 27th and is it the big track or the DDT? Don't forget "Mustangs at Mosport" is on the 13th June.

Cheers.
Neil

It is at the big track and being run by Frank Ewald. He puts on a good event and this year is having with 2 run groups of 30 minutes each. Lot's of track time for the price.

http://www.frankewald.com/

This is my third time and my brother also comes along. to show me how fast my car really is. This year we are going to focus on turn 8.

I hadn't realized that Mustangs At Mosport was that close after it.

I'm also planning to go to an early Exotic Car Day at TMP but they haven't posted the 2011 schedule yet.