Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Road raced my stang

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:33 PM
07hotwheel

Default Road raced my stang

Well, my mods all worked awsome. I raced at willow springs in california. 1.5 mile windy corse. My car handled so well, I have the Ford Racing Suspension, and the Ford Racing Brakes. I couldnt have asked for better handeling. what a complete blast. I only went of the track once because I went into a turn too fast, and braked in the middle, no harm. Just thought Id share what a complete ***** out blast it was. Thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 04:48 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

07hotwheel, what does your Ford racing suspension include for the complete kit??

Just curious, as I'm glad to hear it really did well at the track. Erik
Old 02-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Give us more details: first time on track or have you experience? What group were you with? Did you have an instructor? What did you learn (other than not to hit the brakes in a corner)? What brake pads and what tires? Any pictures? Come on...share the fun with us northerners who are still in the deep freeze.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:27 PM
07hotwheel

Sorry, I can't figure out how to post the pictures.
The Ford Racing Suspension comes with front and rear shocks, springs, and sway bars. Its the whole kit ready to go. I had it installedon my stang. We also have a 2005 v6. My son went the cheaper route, getting a package, i think from cdc. i did the front shocks and springs. No hardware with sway bar, no front sway bar. I also had the big ford brebmo brakes put on. Tires and wheels are from a 2010 shelby. 18" with goodyear F1 tires.
It was a speed ventures track day, they have a good website. I was in the beginner, white group. I paid for an instructor in the car, he was able to improve my line and cut my time down.
I only slid of the track once, braking through i turn i entered to fast. It was really fun
Old 02-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the group.

Sounds like we have another one hooked on the fun that can be had with these cars.

When they put the Brembo, GT500 brakes, on what pad material did they use? As you learn to go faster you might find that better pad material is required. Lots of threads here on which ones to use. Try doing a search on Carbotech.

You should also consider upgrading your brake fluid to a DOT 4 fluid. Motul and ATE seem to be the most popular. Try a search on Motul.

Other than that it sounds like your car is set from a hardware point except for possibly front brake cooling.

To go faster the best thing you can do is get as much track time as possible and preferably with a good instructor.

As you gain more experience with the car you may discover things you would like to change but only do so when you will benefit from the change and can then drive the car at the next level.