Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2012 GT/CS Konis/steeda sports. what else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FSTBLK
Sweet. That's What I was looking for...something in between stock gt500 mounts and the steeds hd's. I wont use the hd's enough to justify the cost. Will the j & m caster plates provide the adjustability I need to get correct alignment?
J&M claims 1.8° worth of adjustment. Although it isn't clear whether that's 1.8° total or 1.8° either way from center, it shouldn't matter in your case.

Norm
Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 PM
NightMare_12GT
1st Gear Member

J&M werent much less than the Steeda HD's.

Put my order in today for Steeda Sport springs, Koni str.t struts, HD Steeda mount, and 2010 mount. Anyone have any tips or whatnot that might be helpful? I'm pretty mechanically up to speed, but havent torn into full suspension before. thanks for the comments so far all
Old 02-21-2011, 06:12 PM
NightMare_12GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by parchisi
Just save for one more month and get the Steeda or MM ones, well worth it.
money isnt really a concern right now. i've got more than enough saved up, just a matter of dont wanna get more than i need (foolish allocation of funds). a few extra bucks here and there on stuff i dont "need" takes away from other mods.

dropped $1600 today on full suspension (see previous post) and cat back exhaust. already on the way are wheels/tires.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:16 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

One that never gets any attention with the S197 community that I ran on my Subaru are the Vorshlag camber plates. They are the toughest and most reliable camber plates I've ever used and have a spherical bearing that dwarfs other manufacturers. Probably more than you want to spend though. $410.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:42 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Dunno for sure, but I think Terry's involvement with Mustangs has only been recently. It'll take a little time for word to get out.

Norm
Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I was a Vorshlag dealer when they were the importer for AST. When AST split off there wasn't much Vorshlag had that I needed. However that's clearly starting to change and since I'll need a set of race type plates for my car, and I've talked to Terry about getting some Vorshlag plates to try out and re-opening my dealer account with them.

I like the fact they are camber only and use a bigger bearing than most. And the range of adjustment is huge.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'm intrigued with those vorshlag plates. My steeda plates have served me well but a plate bolt completely sheared off under light torque after a few removal/reinstallations and I noticed the internal rubber o-rings were destroyed the second time I pulled them apart. The bearings now get a buildup of grime w/o the o-rings intact and it's time to replace them.

I was interested in the MM plates due to the design of the bushing/spacer on the mounts and ability to increase the travel a bit but these vorshlags look bulletproof! Very heavy duty looking, well built plates.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:29 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I'm intrigued with those vorshlag plates. My steeda plates have served me well but a plate bolt completely sheared off under light torque after a few removal/reinstallations and I noticed the internal rubber o-rings were destroyed the second time I pulled them apart. The bearings now get a buildup of grime w/o the o-rings intact and it's time to replace them.

I was interested in the MM plates due to the design of the bushing/spacer on the mounts and ability to increase the travel a bit but these vorshlags look bulletproof! Very heavy duty looking, well built plates.
You should give Terry a call at Vorshlag. He's building a 5.0 that is incredible. Vorshlag doesn't actively run at the Mustang community and I think they should. The pictures really don't do the plates any justice. Seeing one in person and looking at the massive bearing is pretty incredible. Vorshlag has a pretty interesting tech article about the bearing size in camber plates. They point out that on the bearing takes nearly all of the impact or vertical load of a pothole. Often times this vertical load exceeds 5000 lbs/in in force. Most camber plates have bearings that are only rated to 4200 lbs/in. Their bearing is built solely for racing. It's rated at up to 7730 lbs/in.

I don't race as much as others but driving in Michigan where you can fit half of your wheel in most of the potholes around town, these were an easy decision on my Subaru.

Last edited by wrxified; 02-28-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Hang on now... Respectfully I deal with Vorshlag and I'm a vendor here on MustangForums as well. And as for building Mustangs, I'm not unfamiliar with it--and this isn't my first one either.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:00 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Hang on now... Respectfully I deal with Vorshlag and I'm a vendor here on MustangForums as well. And as for building Mustangs, I'm not unfamiliar with it--and this isn't my first one either.
Yes, my bad. I didn't say that the right way. Meant it might just worth talking to Terry about the build quality of his plates. If you can get them for members I'm all for that as well.

Just placed my Koni/Steeda setup with Sam last night online and I'm excited to be doing business with you. You keep these threads on track and add a bit of honest insight when it comes to helping people make great decisions.

Quick Reply: 2012 GT/CS Konis/steeda sports. what else?