Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

QUESTION ON HANDLING SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:50 AM
CASHY

Default QUESTION ON HANDLING SETUP

I have a 2006 GT convertible. I am looking at getting the Roush stage 2 kit installed by Roush. They say you don't need camber bolts or plates as they don't install them on there factory cars. They said it doesn't change the camber enough to warrant them when it is lowered. I am never going to put this car on the track. So many people say you need camber plates or bolts! He did recommend doing their UCA at the same time. I also have a 1 piece alum. driveshaft so do I need to be worried about the angle on that? The nice thing is they will install the whole kit for $150!! Springs, shocks, front and rear bars. Any input would be appreciated!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:08 AM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

I lowered my '07 GT with the FRPP K springs, took my car to a reputable alignment shop that has been around FOREVER and he was able to set my camber to stock settings no problem with no hardware. Take yours to a shop that knows what they're doing and you should easily be in the same boat as me.

As far as getting a UCA, I highly recommend it. I didn't get one of those and I have noticeable vibration (stock driveshaft) at higher speeds on the throttle. The angle doesn't have as much to do with the driveshaft as it has to do with the pinion angle, or the angle the driveshaft mates with the rearend. You should be able to find one at a reasonable price.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:53 PM
CASHY

Is the roush fixed uca going to be ok for setting up the correct pinion angle. With the car being lowered and the one piece driveshaft I want to make sure it will be correct. Some people seem to say you need an adjustable one. I would rather have them install theirs at the same time they are doing the suspension.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:55 AM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

I would definitely go with an adjustable UCA, and unless you're planning on autocrossing or competitively drag racing it go with one with a poly bushing. Much less NVH that way.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 AM
vnmous97

im selling my complete roush kit with 2k miles on it for $850.00 it is a great setup but im building a drag car 281 999 9969 J.R.