Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Exotic Car Day TMP Sep 10 2011

Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Default Exotic Car Day TMP Sep 10 2011

My last track day was another Exotic Car Day on September 10 at Toronto Motorsports Park. This was my 6th event of the year of which 4 were at TMP. These are low key days and usually well attended. There are also lots of “exotics” to play with in my humble Mustang. The track is flat and considered “technical”, i.e. you mess up one corner and you are in bad shape for the next one. Passing is by point by on the four straights.

The day was warm and in the morning I was suffering from engine overheating. One of the Instructors then suggested the old trick of running the heater and by putting it on full blast the problem was solved. I would have died from the heat but with my Cool Shirt was just fine, except for hot feet. It looks like the Cool Shirt is going to save me from having to buy a bigger radiator

In the afternoon with the heater going full blast I set a new personal best lap. It is at the start of the video and includes data. I suspect that the extra “radiator” capacity is also helping offset the heat soak with SC equipped cars.
To let you see what my car looks and sounds like I’ve also added a short clip at the start of the video of my brother driving my car at Mosport. As you can see he started at the front of the group and had a great time catching and passing them.

So far I’ve run the same set of Carbotech XP10s all season and expect the get my final event out of them as well. The stock Ford GT500 fronts and Ford Chinese made rears are also still on the car and will get me through the next event as well. Then for the winter I’ll install the GT500 pads that came with the Brembo kit as they still have lots of material. Next spring it will be a new set of Carbotech XP10s and new stock rotors.

There was a new M3 at the event but before I had a chance to have some fun with him he wore out his upgraded” pads and was suffering brake fade and needed new rotors. I bet they cost a lot more than mine.

Near the end of the day a lady driving a GT3 had a coolant pipe blow going into turn one, spun and dropped all of the coolant. She and the car were OK. It was just off the line and they did a good job cleaning it up but it did result in my taking the corner a little slower after that.

My next event is the TMP Exotic Car Day on Oct 2, subject to it not raining.

Watch for the GTR, ZR1 and Porsche Turbo in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/frederic.../0/hJcgO8ZN_ks

Last edited by Sleeper_08; 09-23-2011 at 04:25 PM.