Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach Pro-system plus vs. Koni Str.t/Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 02:26 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
6. I'm going my best to get more parts, and new parts up on the website. But it's hard when I work alone, trying to fit it in between paperwork, shipping, tech calls, orders, etc. so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ask me if you have questions. Again, I sell Eibach (and lots of other stuff) if you want to go another way.
Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'll be in and out today. I have an alignment to do on a customer's car, but also have to get some front hubs on it first since they are way trashed and that'll screw the alignment up badly. And seeing as he is from 8 hours away I need to get it done right before he picks the car up.
Even working alone, you still find time to provide quality/worthwhile input and first-hand testing/experience. You are a machine, Sammy!

See you next year!
Old 11-25-2011, 03:37 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Chris, out of curiosity, why doesnt Bama carry Steeda springs or Koni products?
Old 11-26-2011, 02:38 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stags
Chris, out of curiosity, why doesnt Bama carry Steeda springs or Koni products?
We did carry steeda springs, but no longer do.
As for Koni, we have never carried them, unfortunately.

To be honest, I have no idea. They both make great products, but sometimes our Parts Team will only bring on products that they know they will sell. 90% of the people in the world have not heard of Koni(except people who autoX/race/actually give a crap about handling) and we previously would have been hard-pressed to carry such a "performance-oriented" product.

Nowadays, though, our purchasing team is looking to carry the best products out there and I think it may be time I have them look into Koni.
So, I'm not sure why we don't, but I hope that in the very near future we will!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

Not to hijack this thread, but I just wanted to add that I received my springs/shocks/struts and mounts from Sam yesterday. He packaged them well and mailed them to my APO address overseas. I also had a short chat with him via land-line and he, as you guys know, was very helpful.

I order a lot of stuff from AM and LMR as well, and will continue to do so. Even if prices were higher, I'd still order stuff from Sam, AM, and LMR simply because they are willing to ship to an APO. You'd be surprised, but many places won't ship to an APO (I understand APO shipping restrictions and never order stuff that can't be shipped) and even when I'm back in the good-ole-U.S. of A. I won't order from those places...EVER!

Anyway, thanks Sam! Thanks AM and LMR too...you guys got enough of my money... until January 2012... :-)
Old 11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by YerBuddy
Not to hijack this thread, but I just wanted to add that I received my springs/shocks/struts and mounts from Sam yesterday. He packaged them well and mailed them to my APO address overseas. I also had a short chat with him via land-line and he, as you guys know, was very helpful.

I order a lot of stuff from AM and LMR as well, and will continue to do so. Even if prices were higher, I'd still order stuff from Sam, AM, and LMR simply because they are willing to ship to an APO. You'd be surprised, but many places won't ship to an APO (I understand APO shipping restrictions and never order stuff that can't be shipped) and even when I'm back in the good-ole-U.S. of A. I won't order from those places...EVER!

Anyway, thanks Sam! Thanks AM and LMR too...you guys got enough of my money... until January 2012... :-)

Thank you for your service and dedication to this great country! Without your support, we(Sam, LRS and ourselves) would not be free to operate our businesses freely within the greatest country in the world. You make it all possible! Thank you very much!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:23 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

+1

We are the land of the free BECAUSE of the brave!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by YerBuddy
Thank you for the thank you. I assume it all arrived in good shape? It took some creative packaging and about 40 minutes of it, to get it all in one shipment for you.

Please let me/us know what you think when you get it on the car!

Your service is truly appreciated. One of my best friend's recently decided to join up @ 30 years old, choosing to do so despite a really good job and being married. It wasn't easy, but it's what he feels he needs to do. I feel bad for him as I hear the crap he gets from people over it. I can't say I *truly* understand his need, but I certainly respect it.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

There was a lengthy post Sam made some time ago about the benefits of going with a customized suspension list versus a premade kit.

In short summary:
The customized list would most likely have name brand parts in in it but not because of the brand, but because certain part(s) did the job for a particular function better than the other parts in the same category.

A Kit usually has to make compromises and although it may be geared to one type of driving style versus another, it will never be as good as a customized parts list.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:41 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I wanted to serve, and was set to go to Annapolis but I failed the entry physical because Im colorblind. The Navy put that in my file and no one will touch me :/

I too am eager to hear about your experience, Im looking to spend around $1500 in a couple months, Im debating whether to do suspension or an 8.8" with 3.73s and tlok. Sam, as Im planning to do some light autox in the springtime your input would be apprecciated, I would call but Im out of the country ATM and calling the US from the UK is expensive. No, getting bumped into a different class doesnt concern me I just want to have fun
Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Suspension or an 8.8 w/3.73's? That's a no brainer to me.

The suspension is useful to you at all times. An 8.8 isn't ever really useful as a performance mod. Gears help motivate the car, but they also hurt mileage, and really only help on the hardest of acceleration. Also you can put a T-lok in a 7.5, Ford has them, so you can still have a limited slip.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-system plus vs. Koni Str.t/Steeda