Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

D2 RS Racing Coilover Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ingemar1
Entaille, I was also a little skeptical about the coilovers, and, believe me, they are far from perfect. I actually found someone with a similar mustang that installed theirs in October 2011. It wasn't until after I spoke with him that I decided to proceed. His reference helped me decide to go forward. While I understand that 7 months is not exactly long term, he was not experiencing issues with the coils. By the way, one other issue with the coils is that you must pull the top of the coilovers to access the camber plates...makes for more expensive alignments. Ingemar1
that's good man. I really hope they stay strong for you. I was trying to find references of them installed and didn't have much luck.

I ended up getting the 2" drop springs from eibach, their dampers/shocks, maximum motorsports caster/camber plates, and a BMR adjustable panhard bar with polyurethane bushings. I hope it lives up to my expectations and gets me nearly as low as your setup!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:47 PM
tonyfarrel

can you go lower on these coils? i want to go flush with the ground but cant find which coils to use
thanks
Old 06-30-2013, 09:09 PM
ingemar1

Tony, I don't think they'll go to the floor. The way my coilovers adjust for ride height would be extremely inconvenient to switch on the fly! My guess is your going to have to go air ride so you can drive it at some point, and it typically allows in-cabin, push-button adjustability...but they're a bit more expensive than coilovers. Good luck, Marco
Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 AM
tonyfarrel

Originally Posted by ingemar1
Tony, I don't think they'll go to the floor. The way my coilovers adjust for ride height would be extremely inconvenient to switch on the fly! My guess is your going to have to go air ride so you can drive it at some point, and it typically allows in-cabin, push-button adjustability...but they're a bit more expensive than coilovers. Good luck, Marco
Thanks for the info!