Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering springs on track package GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 PM
slinkchris
1st Gear Member

Default Lowering springs on track package GT

Looking into lowering springs for my new 2013 GT with track package. I have searched and see that most will replace springs and struts/shocks at the same time along with upgraded mounts. My question is this, with the upgraded struts/shocks that come with the track package, are new struts/shocks necessary when only dropping 1 inch all around using the FRPP P kit?

I havent seen any threads discussing this specifically.

So either the FRPP P springs?

or the strano package with steeda sports/koni yellows/GT500 mounts and eibach camber bolts?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

The Ford springs from the track package drop you 1.5", therefore the rest of the kit has been engineered by Ford Racing to have a track proven balance with their shocks and sway bars.

Sam Strano's recommendations are based off his extensive experience with the Steeda comp springs 1" front drop, 1.2" in rear, the higher quality dampers from Koni, and his front and rear adjustable sway bars.

Unless the Ford kit now comes with adjustable shocks( I don't think so), the Sam Strano kit will give a bit less harshness from your springs, and he feels the higher quality damping and rebound from the Koni's are better responses then the harsher lower Ford springs with the fixed rate of damping and fixed Ford sway bars. Where as the Koni dampers have full adjustability as do the Strano sway bars.

So given the choice for a one time purchase, the Strano direction gives you excellent quality and future adjustability for different uses on top of what might be ab ideal street set up. Erik
Old 04-30-2012, 09:28 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

I'm not familiar with how good the 2013 track package components are so I'm not going to speak in absolutes, but I'm willing to bet my left nut you'd be happier with the Koni/Steeda Sport combo. (please don't take me up on that bet)