Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

FRPP Versus Roush Versus Steeda Versus Eibach

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

That is why Roush has fallen out of favor with the S197. They got all hush hush and their products are really no better than anyone elses.

Some FRPP is rebadged Steeda like the CAI (not the bullitt one).

here's a good link with a lot of spring rate info:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...g-allowed.html
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Whiskey11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
asked roush about their spring rates, this is what they said :

"Thanks for contacting ROUSH Performance.

Spring rates are proprietary information. Sorry we cannot provide this information"

How are you supposed to determine if you want the springs if you have no idea how stiff they are?
I would venture a guess and say 95% of customers buying springs see drop and second hand comfort reports as more important than spring rates. The vast majority of racing Mustang owners are still drag racers although that is getting closer to being less true it doesn't make up for the public who could care less if the 1" drop springs are 200lbs/in or 800lbs/in so long as they get the drop they want and a reasonable ride. Not that 800lbs/in springs on an S197 would be comfortable in day to day driving.

Very few of us actually care what the actual spring rates are. I would also venture that the majority of people who ask and care about spring rates are on coilovers with pretty standard spring sizes with lots of available rates at their disposal.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

To me it makes the most sense to maintain adjustability in the dampers and sway bars after you've chosen springs.

Correcting your roll center is needed as well after lowering, then stiffen the chassis and add suspension support bars and braces. Erik
Old 05-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Campo 427R
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fresh_GT
Assuming you are talking about the coil-over setups...

I love my Roush Trak Pak suspension. From I've found online the Roush and the Eibach kits are very similar.
The Roush Trak Pak coilover kit was made by KW per Roush research, development specs with tweaking done after test runs at Gingerman Raceway. The are not Variant line specific, more like a hybrid.

I don't know about Eibach.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Campo 427R
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
That is why Roush has fallen out of favor with the S197. They got all hush hush and their products are really no better than anyone elses.

Some FRPP is rebadged Steeda like the CAI (not the bullitt one).

here's a good link with a lot of spring rate info:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...g-allowed.html
Roush has fallen out of S197 popularity because of pricing and performance. The performance you can get in a new Coyote based GT as compared to a Roush Stage 2 is equal. The RS2 will cost about $5-$10 grand more.
RS1 is a body kit. RS2 is body kit and suspension. RS3 is body, TVS blower and more suspension bits.
The Shelby's have even more performance, interior, exterior bling and offer post title mods as well. Plus they are in Kelley Blue Book, Roush is not.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Campo 427R
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whiskey11
I would venture a guess and say 95% of customers buying springs see drop and second hand comfort reports as more important than spring rates. The vast majority of racing Mustang owners are still drag racers although that is getting closer to being less true it doesn't make up for the public who could care less if the 1" drop springs are 200lbs/in or 800lbs/in so long as they get the drop they want and a reasonable ride. Not that 800lbs/in springs on an S197 would be comfortable in day to day driving.

Very few of us actually care what the actual spring rates are. I would also venture that the majority of people who ask and care about spring rates are on coilovers with pretty standard spring sizes with lots of available rates at their disposal.
Roush has always been protective of their specs, (proprietary information). They do all of the development and testing and don't publish the information to keep the average joe from doing it cheaper. Plus their mods are standard Ford warranty approved.

I was looking for a specific turn key road course track car and the 2007 Roush Trak Pak satisfied my needs at the time. It was also cheaper than a Shelby GT/CS.

If I was in the market for a similar track car today I would get a used FR500 or Miller Motorsports Mustang and trailer it to the track.
For a new track car I would get a 5.0 GT and shop at Sam Strano's Parts web page. I consider Sam a grassroots Jack Roush type. He races his cars, sells parts but shares all of his research with the average guy.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Campo 427R; 05-02-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 AM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Actually, much of this is incorrect.

Ford leaves warranty voidance up to the individual dealerships. The warranty carried on Ford Racing parts only applies to the parts.

This information comes straight from Ford and Shelby American.
The FRHP when installed at a AUTHORIZED Ford dealer comes with a 1 yr/12,000 mile warranty ONLY when the vehicle is still under the 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty implying that replacing your suspension with Ford racing won't void any warranties regarding your suspension. But then of course, how often do we do warranty claims for ones suspension?

Last edited by CaptainRon; 05-03-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

A dealer installing it (as would be my case) will come with the benefit of that dealer having the incentive to have Ford covering it...

Part of the reason I started this thread (and it is about the handling pack--shocks - struts- sways- springs- brace and bits) is that Eibach, Roush and Steeda don't have anything yet that they're selling for the 2013 GT Convertible, while FRPP have the kit ready now...

That said, the car wont be here for a month-ish so it's not a rush.

The difs between the "packs" seem to be minimal on the surface, but this post was to determine (based on recent history) the forums oppinion of the quality and durability of the different things available.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frustration
A dealer installing it (as would be my case) will come with the benefit of that dealer having the incentive to have Ford covering it...

Part of the reason I started this thread (and it is about the handling pack--shocks - struts- sways- springs- brace and bits) is that Eibach, Roush and Steeda don't have anything yet that they're selling for the 2013 GT Convertible, while FRPP have the kit ready now...

That said, the car wont be here for a month-ish so it's not a rush.

The difs between the "packs" seem to be minimal on the surface, but this post was to determine (based on recent history) the forums oppinion of the quality and durability of the different things available.
I'm sure you'll be happy with any of these kits as they're all of great quality. Roush and Steeda have been around a long time and the parts you'll be buying are the same ones they use in their cars. Eibach's are used in the Shelby mustangs I think. I've been leaning towards Ford handling pack mostly because I trust Ford and also because they have two packs; one for the V8 and the other made for the V6's. The other companies I noticed don't have anything really aimed specifically for V6's. if you look at their fitments, their springs are made for both V8 & V6 models which leads me to believe that on a V6, it made lead to a slightly harsher ride.
Seems like here on the forums and elsewhere, most guys are happy with whatever brands they use on their cars.