Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2013 GT - 1 or 1.5 inch lowering Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Im on steeda sports which are 1 inch in the front and i scrape pulling into some driveways/ and if i go over a speedbump slightly too fast, the car will come down and hit metal to the speed bump. K springs would do this a bit harder so youll have to be careful. It will look awesome though. And if you get new rims and tires go with larger overall height tires, id suggest 28.1 inch height tires to give a bit more ground clearance while also taking away a bit more wheel gap to make it look great.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

FRPP K SPRINGS 1.5"
FRPP SHOCKS AND STRUTS, SVE LCA, BMR PAN HARD

After riding in a car with linear (and adjustable Koni's that were set to soft for the street), the progressive springs are a lot better ride quality.

If I were to track the car constantly I would go with the substantially worse ride of linear springs...

But for the street and occasional track, The progressive springs are a lot better ride while still being a HUGE improvement in handling at the 1.5 drop.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:20 PM
z00maz00m

Frustration,

When I check out the Ford spring setup I'm only finding them for coupes but you have them on a convertible. Where did you find them for convertibles?

Thanks,
z00m
Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

is your car a brembo car? if so then just springs and panhard. If not a brembo, consider different dampers. I've noticed all the brembo people just swap on the springs and panhard and are happy. the non-brembo people all complain of too much bounce.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

you want your dampers to be tuned/matched well with your springs. I have the brembo package and I opted to replace the struts/shocks as well.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:02 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

I wish I would have went M-5300-K. I went P, and want to trade mine now. Looks good, but not low enough.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 PM
13pony
1st Gear Member

What about a '13 track pack GT? Wanna go with a 1" cause of the bs streets here in el lay. Need any more than the fr springs? thx.....
Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel
This is a good bit of information. I had one on my 06 and just put it on my 13' since I already had one. You wont notice the off center of the axle with a set of stock wheels, but once you put on an aftermarket wheel with wider tires, its easily seen.
yeah, it's always fun explaining this one to people new to Mustangs...

Originally Posted by Frustration
FRPP K SPRINGS 1.5"

After riding in a car with linear (and adjustable Koni's that were set to soft for the street), the progressive springs are a lot better ride quality.

If I were to track the car constantly I would go with the substantially worse ride of linear springs...

But for the street and occasional track, The progressive springs are a lot better ride while still being a HUGE improvement in handling at the 1.5 drop.
Your car looks great. How are liking that clear bra...life-saver, isn't it?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:16 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

FRPP K SPRINGS 1.5"

Exact set up im looking at getting...Love the sign in the background, But that pony doesn't need a trailer!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:40 AM
1badmax

FRPP K SPRINGS 1.5"

How does your car ride out there in Hawaii? I lived there a few years back and I remember that state having some of the worst roads I've ever been on.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT - 1 or 1.5 inch lowering Springs?