Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Suspension System Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default Steeda Suspension System Install

Been off of the forums for a while but just installed steeda springs, upper and lower control ams, front and rear sway bars, and adjustable panhard bar. From the opinion of a suspension novice my stang is like a frozen rope now. Cannot believe how much better this car will drive; definately much more in control of the car. Steeda was great to deal with and brandon, who is on these forums, was outstanding!!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:11 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Which control arms did you get? Tubular or billet? I have their upper adj 3rd link, which is nice, not to mention quiet. I also have a new set of billet lca's by them waiting to go on, Im just waiting on the relocation brackets to come in first. Cant wait! Glad you're happy. Ive heard a lot of negitive things about Steeda, but my experience with their products and service has always been excellent.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:54 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0
Been off of the forums for a while but just installed steeda springs, upper and lower control ams, front and rear sway bars, and adjustable panhard bar. From the opinion of a suspension novice my stang is like a frozen rope now. Cannot believe how much better this car will drive; definately much more in control of the car. Steeda was great to deal with and brandon, who is on these forums, was outstanding!!
Glad to hear that you are a happy customer!

Just let me know if I can help you with anything else.

If you wouldn't mind posting a review of these on our website that would be awesome!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:56 AM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Brandon I will post that review no problem. I got the billet control arms didn't go with the relocation brackets. No problems at all so far. Those next to the billet end links on the sway bar look tough as **** through the tire. I took it out last night took traction control off and let the car have it. Broke the tires pretty easy but no wheel hope and an easy correction. My car is somewhere around 485 at the crank so it was getting loose pretty easy. As far as negativity I guess if you read enough you can hear negative about everyone. My experience with steeda however was top notch. Customer for life.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:03 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0
Brandon I will post that review no problem. I got the billet control arms didn't go with the relocation brackets. No problems at all so far. Those next to the billet end links on the sway bar look tough as **** through the tire. I took it out last night took traction control off and let the car have it. Broke the tires pretty easy but no wheel hope and an easy correction. My car is somewhere around 485 at the crank so it was getting loose pretty easy. As far as negativity I guess if you read enough you can hear negative about everyone. My experience with steeda however was top notch. Customer for life.
Awesome, that's great to hear!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 AM
ducatibrandon

I just ordered up pretty much the same setup. I'm still waiting on the Pro actions to show up but did get the springs. I installed the rear sway bar and adj panhard. Then I installed the front sway bar. If I'm being honest if I would have seen the front bar I would have passed on the Steeda brand, sorry Brandon but to me it looks to be no bigger then the stock and poorly tack welded rings. This is not a bash Steeda by any means but I feel the stock front sway bar with just a Poly bushings would be fine. The Steeda springs look like they are built very well and do the rear lower billet brackets that hold the rear sway bar. I also just installed the Steeda 20's with Toyo Prox 4 plus. I hope I'm as happy with mine as you are.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:47 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ducatibrandon
I just ordered up pretty much the same setup. I'm still waiting on the Pro actions to show up but did get the springs. I installed the rear sway bar and adj panhard. Then I installed the front sway bar. If I'm being honest if I would have seen the front bar I would have passed on the Steeda brand, sorry Brandon but to me it looks to be no bigger then the stock and poorly tack welded rings. This is not a bash Steeda by any means but I feel the stock front sway bar with just a Poly bushings would be fine. The Steeda springs look like they are built very well and do the rear lower billet brackets that hold the rear sway bar. I also just installed the Steeda 20's with Toyo Prox 4 plus. I hope I'm as happy with mine as you are.
I'm sort of confused by your post, which part are you unhappy with? I thought I saw in another thread that you referenced our adjustable panhard bar.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 PM
hurricaneduc
1st Gear Member

Got a suspension kit from Sam (Steeda springs and Koni shocks) the car sticks like glue! After my son and I installed it we took it to a nice twisty road with some bumps that would really test the new suspension. One corner I remember in particular with a nasty bump in it, it stuck to the road like glue, no disturbance in the car what so ever! Great combination!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Old 08-25-2012, 05:23 PM
ducatibrandon

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
I'm sort of confused by your post, which part are you unhappy with? I thought I saw in another thread that you referenced our adjustable panhard bar.
I'll give you call this next week.

Quick Reply: Steeda Suspension System Install