Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Panhard bar for 2011 5.0

Old 08-25-2012, 07:24 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I like the Eibach Pro-kit and BMR's PHR006 adjustable pan-hard bar with the poly bushings on both ends.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 AM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ducatibrandon
Here you go. This should be welded all the way around. This will get wet and will rust inside and then it will twist and break. This was placed here to use a Big wrench to make sure it stays tight correct? Does it work, yes but there is no reason why this is not welded all the way around other then lazy.
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/j...andon/Mustang/

Now as for the Front sway bar they welded it the same way but it is just used as a guide to locate the front chassis bushings. That probably will work but again a weld all the way around would be stronger and help with moisture. I'm sure you guys tested these and the kit works for what it was intended to do. I just feel this was done in a cheap get it out of the door way.
The boxes that showed up to the door are complete crap. It looked as if the boxes got stuck in the rain and somehow made the trip. I can't completely say this is Steeda's fault but the sport springs came nice and without scratches all over them. I can't say the same for the panhard bar. The parts showed up in a strange way but showed up. A small box with some parts and a bag with the rest of the parts??? The box tape was holding one of the center sleeves to the upper rear control bushing in the box, Whatever. Steeda did a good job covering the ends of the bars and using the grey insti foam mold to protect that parts. Anyway this is my .02. Have a wonderful weekend, Brandon
The parts you're referring to don't need to be welded all the way around, neither of them are under enough stress that requires more welds than what we place on them. To do so would add unnecessary cost and weight to the product. We also powder-coat under ISO 9001:2008 standards (a high-quality certification that we have attained) and have never had a single complaint, failure, or seen any rust on any of the bars on our own cars. Both parts have been in service for more than 6 years now. (in very humid climates at our Pompano Beach, FL and Valdosta, GA locations) In addition, we have sold a ton of these parts and I personally have never heard of anyone having any complaints/failures/corrosion on either part.

Who did you order these parts from? Directly from us or from one of our retailers?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
ducatibrandon

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
The parts you're referring to don't need to be welded all the way around, neither of them are under enough stress that requires more welds than what we place on them. To do so would add unnecessary cost and weight to the product. We also powder-coat under ISO 9001:2008 standards (a high-quality certification that we have attained) and have never had a single complaint, failure, or seen any rust on any of the bars on our own cars. Both parts have been in service for more than 6 years now. (in very humid climates at our Pompano Beach, FL and Valdosta, GA locations) In addition, we have sold a ton of these parts and I personally have never heard of anyone having any complaints/failures/corrosion on either part.

Who did you order these parts from? Directly from us or from one of our retailers?
I have been using local business because I feel it is the right thing to do. Stage 3 ordered the suspension and AMP ordered the wheels.
Anyway I will keep an eye on the parts and hope they work for my needs. Thank you and have a good day
Old 09-03-2012, 01:36 PM
bluetang
1st Gear Member

Default panhard

I bought my adjustable panhard from AM for a 2011 Mustang GT. My car is lowered about 2 inches from the factory height and the axle shifted so I needed the adjustable panhard bar.

Adjustment was easy, but the results were anything but straight forward. You have to measure when making adjustments with load on the car and no parking brake on. Everytime I lift the parking brake the car looks skewed from the right rear. These cars move way too much on the rear suspension. Wonderful engine and bang for the buck but the car needs an independent rear suspension.

YMMY