Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Roush Extreme Springs...

Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 PM
SchneidyP4.6
2nd Gear Member

Default Roush Extreme Springs...

Anybody running the Roush Extreme Lowering Springs? Pics and comments about these appreciated! Too many choices... Is there a suspension thread with pics of different set-ups?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 PM
jayman33
Banned

I think you'd be happy with Eibach or BMR. Both have been tested and proven on these platforms.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

I don't run them a friend does but I had a chance to check the spring rate on the Roush track pack springs. They run on the coil over setup with I think KW adjustable shocks. The fronts are right around 425 lbs springs and the rears are 375 lbs springs. Pretty stiff compared to the common spring you see sold but still lighter than the springs used on the road race cars.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SchneidyP4.6
Anybody running the Roush Extreme Lowering Springs? Pics and comments about these appreciated! Too many choices... Is there a suspension thread with pics of different set-ups?
What is it you do with the car? (daily driver? weekend car? do you track it?)

I'd be glad to help recommend a set of Steeda springs for your purposes.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM
SchneidyP4.6
2nd Gear Member

It's mostly a weekend car, I would like to autoX in the future, possibly track at mid-ohio. My main priority now is to get rid of the fender gap. I have read that the Brembo package cars have different suspension components, not sure if this is true... I would like a 1in front and 1.5in rear drop, however I do want to gain handling performance as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

If you are after performance, Roush doesn't even recommend those springs. Instead they direct you to part 401296.. unless you have a blower. But I didn't see you mention that.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

It's mostly a weekend car, I would like to autoX in the future, possibly track at mid-ohio. My main priority now is to get rid of the fender gap. I have read that the Brembo package cars have different suspension components, not sure if this is true... I would like a 1in front and 1.5in rear drop, however I do want to gain handling performance as well.
Don't be too picky about the precise amounts lowered, or else you could end up being a little dissatisfied. Advertised amounts lowered are only approximate.

When you're autocrossing, running on a track, or just driving on the street, the only time you'll think about "fender gap" is when there isn't enough of it and you get tire rub.

Norm
Old 10-05-2012, 02:01 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

I would recommend our Steeda Sport springs for your purposes. They provide an approximate 1" (F) & 1.25" (R) drop with a higher spring rate than stock to improve handling (also by lowering the vehicle's center of gravity). It will help reduce nose dive and acceleration squat. They are made in the USA and feature a lifetime warranty.

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Don't be too picky about the precise amounts lowered, or else you could end up being a little dissatisfied. Advertised amounts lowered are only approximate.

When you're autocrossing, running on a track, or just driving on the street, the only time you'll think about "fender gap" is when there isn't enough of it and you get tire rub.

Norm
This. ^
Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I'm on eibach sportlines (1.5 and 2.0 rear) and I don't rub .. so anything you're considering isn't going to rub, unless you upsize your tires or have a bouncy suspension setup.. : P
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

http://brembo50com.memberlodge.com/D...pageId=1130035

yes, the brembo suspension is different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roush Extreme Springs...