Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Got screwed by a shop - need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cryptkeeper54
They have numerous lifts. A professonial shop albiet a bit dirty and dingy. In fact, they have somewhat of a cult following on my local mustang forum. One of the reasons I went to that shop. And after I presented my case, Peeps keep backing them up despite my hard evidence. I feel like its a twilight zone on that forum. No one even bothered to mention how messed up it was to leave my car unattended. In fact, I invited a particular moderator to reply in this thread as he continues to harrass me saying all I do is complain. I wonder how he will be greeted here.
I don't want to aggravate another forum (trust me, it's the last thing I want to do) but this seems very suspect.

The guy you paid clearly broke his own shop rules by leaving a customer's car unattended, and very open to theft. That's not even negligence, just stupidity and arrogance. Then he installs your suspension wrong with parts missing (that you have clear pictures of) and the local forum still thinks you are complaining? Do any of them own S197s? Are they aware that dustboots and bumpstops are actual things, not science fiction?

In my opinion, steer clear of that forum and that shop in the future. And I doubt the BBB will really advance or resolve your case as I've gone through them before as well to no avail. Your best bet is to either consult a lawyer or just eat the cost and chalk it up to a life lesson, and let friends/family/other enthusiasts know about your experience. People care about these things, and when it comes to letting "professionals" take care of installs, this is the stuff of nightmares.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Cryptkeeper54

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
I don't want to aggravate another forum (trust me, it's the last thing I want to do) but this seems very suspect.

The guy you paid clearly broke his own shop rules by leaving a customer's car unattended, and very open to theft. That's not even negligence, just stupidity and arrogance. Then he installs your suspension wrong with parts missing (that you have clear pictures of) and the local forum still thinks you are complaining? Do any of them own S197s? Are they aware that dustboots and bumpstops are actual things, not science fiction?

In my opinion, steer clear of that forum and that shop in the future. And I doubt the BBB will really advance or resolve your case as I've gone through them before as well to no avail. Your best bet is to either consult a lawyer or just eat the cost and chalk it up to a life lesson, and let friends/family/other enthusiasts know about your experience. People care about these things, and when it comes to letting "professionals" take care of installs, this is the stuff of nightmares.
Life lesson indeed. I'm just at a loss for words with that forum but I'm also sure there are a few standup guys (who probably don't want to stir the pot) as well so I'll leave it at that. This island is small and you're bound to bump into someone you dislike sooner or later.

I've been emailing lawyers with my case with no response as of yet. Probably not worth their time. I'm only looking at lawyers you don't have to pay unless you win. But I still think I'm in a lose-lose situation. Chalked it up as a loss for the time being. Karma, maybe I'll win money playing McDonalds monopoly when it comes out again
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Poor show on the shop and the forum's part. I'm glad you seem to be getting it resolved. Bad business for the owner, as nobody remembers the good things you do, they only remember the bad, and it sounds like this one bad definitely outweighs any good the shop owner did. Not only that, he'd have been screwed if something happened to your car while it was in his care. Again, glad you're getting it figured out.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Cryptkeeper54

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Poor show on the shop and the forum's part. I'm glad you seem to be getting it resolved. Bad business for the owner, as nobody remembers the good things you do, they only remember the bad, and it sounds like this one bad definitely outweighs any good the shop owner did. Not only that, he'd have been screwed if something happened to your car while it was in his care. Again, glad you're getting it figured out.
Trying to figure things out but I don't think his business will be affected at all. Nature of the beast I guess here in Hawaii. I lived here all my life and its never what you know, its who you know. In fact, I just got banned from the local forum. I suspect they're deleting my posts as we speak. Still looking at other avenues to let my story be heard but vow not to be a post ***** jumping from forum to mustang forum.

I've also been told that it was my fault for not calling the shop to let him know I was running late and not showing up on the agreed time. I said around 5, owner says no problem. I can't respond to his PM now since I've been banned but that caught me off guard. Its been documented that he has waited more then half an hour after closing time for other customers and yet he decides to leave me hanging. Last time I checked, it was illegal to use a cell phone while driving. And any responsible shop owner would have called me instead.

Someone even claimed (posted in my thread on that local forum), that he gave my keys to someone else to wait for me so he could leave. Story gets crazier. Just to bad I won't see any kind of justice after all this. I still believe I deserve it. Plus, he verbally and on email, told me he would pay for my alignment. Hasn't happened yet.

Last edited by Cryptkeeper54; 04-08-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cryptkeeper54
Trying to figure things out but I don't think his business will be affected at all. Nature of the beast I guess here in Hawaii. I lived here all my life and its never what you know, its who you know. In fact, I just got banned from the local forum. I suspect they're deleting my posts as we speak. Still looking at other avenues to let my story be heard.
Wow, regardless of what those idiots on the other forum do to cover it up, your story will likely stay in the open here. I just can't believe they would act in such an unprofessional way when presented with such damning evidence.

It's possible that the owner of that shop knows some of those forumers/mods, and they are allowing their nepotism to dictate how they run the forum.

Do you have any other local forums? Perhaps you can get in contact with some smaller local papers and give them your story? Maybe write out your experience and send it to a few local media outlets? The worst that could happen is that you get a detailed written statement of your incident for a lawyer to review quicker, and you lose about an hour of your time.

Oh, and you probably know this, but keep those emails! All of them, especially the ones where he said he would pay for the alignment. If you consult a lawyer he might find those emails very interesting.

Good luck.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Cryptkeeper54

Well, it's confirmed. All my posts on the local forum erased. Saved all of the threads of interest in my Onenote 2010 program for the main stuff tho. Not sure why, more for keep sake at this moment.

@aaquib1982: thanks for the advice. Been doing it from the start. I communicated with the owner via email majority of the time. The main mechanic is a member on that forum. At least he admitted making a mistake with not putting back the spring seats, but overall, his attention to detail was simply not up to par for a guy rumored to be a ford master tech (at least that's what I read in the forum). Not going into detail with that, since my main deal is with the owner.

I'll continue to pursue any legal action I can take, but can't let it take away from spending time with my 2 little girls. A 2 year old and a 4 month old are bossing me around and kicking my ***.......lol. SLEEP is such a distant memory for me.

Last edited by Cryptkeeper54; 04-09-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Mr.Ski
2nd Gear Member

You may have done yourself a big favor here.... you said you used a credit card. File a dispute with them. That would be the easiest way to get your money back.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 PM
slowmotion

It is getting harder and harder to find a shop worth a crap. To many like the one you are talking about out there. I am glad that the problems were at least ones you could correct your self if need be. I have heard of a few shops around here that are similar to that one. One a side note. Can you pm me the name of the other forum you were talking about. I am new to the mustang forums and want to make sure i don't wander into that site when looking around. So far this site here seems great. A lot of friendly people.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

At least they didnt give your car to a total unknown person without asking for ID like Clermont Ford did with mine.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Cryptkeeper54

Originally Posted by Mr.Ski
You may have done yourself a big favor here.... you said you used a credit card. File a dispute with them. That would be the easiest way to get your money back.
Interesting. I'll look into that ASAP.

I'm crrently lining up my ducks in a row and building a case to take him to small claims court. I have a writtten statement from him (his rebuttal to the complaint I filed with the BBB) describing why he left my car unattended that is totally bogus as my Sprint call log can testify to it......this guy is full of it. I guess he doesn't know that cell phone companies keep a call log as he told the BBB that he attempted to call me about the situation and that he would have to leave early. SMH. I want to see his face in court when I prove he is a liar.