Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda or Tokico HP Strut/Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 AM
artdohc
1st Gear Member

Default Steeda or Tokico HP Strut/Shocks?

My car currently has the Brembo package, Eibach Pro-kit springs, GT500 strut mounts, and a J&M adj panhard bar. I need some shocks/struts to round everything out.

I wanted Koni STR.T's but the struts appear to be sold out everywhere I look (stranoparts, americanmuscle, Summit).

So the Steeda's and Tokico's are roughly the same price at the low-$400 range.

Which would you have? I'm leaning toward Steeda for the lifetime warranty and I hear the ride with the Tokico's can be pretty rough.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 PM
artdohc
1st Gear Member

I went with Steeda, so no need to reply. I'll post pics on Saturday when I finish the suspension installation.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Well ... that was easy. Let us know how the install goes and what you think of the product.

We appreciate your business and let me know if I can help assist with anything at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 06-07-2013, 07:42 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

When I lowered my car I went with Steeda springs, and shocks. I have never had one complaint.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by artdohc
Which would you have? I'm leaning toward Steeda for the lifetime warranty and I hear the ride with the Tokico's can be pretty rough.
I'm using the Tokico D-spec's and they operate(d) great for my purposes. But one of my struts went bad exactly 1 month after the warranty ran out. Do you realize how hard it is to find "one" D-spec strut?

Ugh.

Good choice going with the Steeda's!:-)
Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 PM
tezz

Tokico D-Specs came with my FRPP package. I've been running them for about 2 months now and don't like them much. Looking for Koni yellows to replace them.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tezz
Tokico D-Specs came with my FRPP package. I've been running them for about 2 months now and don't like them much. Looking for Koni yellows to replace them.
Hi tezz...what don't you like about them?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
tezz

Granted the streets of LA suck, but the ride is very harsh, even dialed fully soft.
I was fortunate enough to go to a track school last weekend where they used '13 Boss Mustangs. My school car had Koni's with Eibach springs - it had none of the harshness I've been living with and handled like a dream. True, a track doesn't have the road irregularities we have with the street, but damn it was sweet. Almost made me want to trade my car in for a Boss!
I also have Shelby track LCA's on my car which don't help - there's literally NO cushion on those things and they are just obnoxious on the street. No wonder Shelby had them on sale. I have FR track pack LCA's coming in a couple days - maybe I'll like the Tokico's better once those are installed. I'll let you know.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tezz
Granted the streets of LA suck, but the ride is very harsh, even dialed fully soft.
I was fortunate enough to go to a track school last weekend where they used '13 Boss Mustangs. My school car had Koni's with Eibach springs - it had none of the harshness I've been living with and handled like a dream. True, a track doesn't have the road irregularities we have with the street, but damn it was sweet. Almost made me want to trade my car in for a Boss!
I also have Shelby track LCA's on my car which don't help - there's literally NO cushion on those things and they are just obnoxious on the street. No wonder Shelby had them on sale. I have FR track pack LCA's coming in a couple days - maybe I'll like the Tokico's better once those are installed. I'll let you know.
Thanks for the explanation...yeah, streets in LA...as well as Orange County, can ruin the driving experience if you're on an aftermarket performance suspension.

Last edited by magnido45; 06-20-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

If non-adjustables are what you are after, I'd recommend the Koni STR.T (still on sale BTW for $340 a set). Lifetime warranty, and Koni has excellent warranty service which some others with "lifetime warranties" do not really have.

Quick Reply: Steeda or Tokico HP Strut/Shocks?