Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.
View Poll Results: Which is the best adjustable sway bars for '10-present Mustang GT
Whiteline
35.29%
Strano
47.06%
Steeda
11.76%
UPR
0%
BMR
0%
keep it stock
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Best adjustable swaybars for 5.0 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 09:19 AM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Question Best adjustable swaybars for 5.0 GT?

Hi Guys,

I upgraded my car with KONI STRT & STEEDA Sport Springs, that are a great 1st. steep setup, now I think I should look for better adjustable swaybars to control the understeer an oversteer that is a natural part of our cars. I have been looking for users information on the web, but very little information is available. Based on your experience, please share your preference, in the following survey.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I'm biased, but I'll say mine... mostly because I made them to be exactly what I wanted in terms of roll stiffness and adjustment range. Also I wanted both bars to be adjustable, and hollow, and match the way I prefer to run springs (like Steeda Sports).

Now, bear in mind I sell other bars like Whiteline and Eibach and H&R too so I offer options should you want them. But I've won lots of events on my bars (as have others), and they bolt onto the body like stock too.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 AM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'm biased, but I'll say mine... mostly because I made them to be exactly what I wanted in terms of roll stiffness and adjustment range. Also I wanted both bars to be adjustable, and hollow, and match the way I prefer to run springs (like Steeda Sports).

Now, bear in mind I sell other bars like Whiteline and Eibach and H&R too so I offer options should you want them. But I've won lots of events on my bars (as have others), and they bolt onto the body like stock too.
Hi Sam,
I did a lot of research before steeping on my present koni & steeda set up that you sold me, and believe me you where completely right, the car felt completely changed, the way that it should came from the manufacturer. Much better handling. That is why I trust your techical advise and based on your own racing experience.

I'm surprised that for some reason I see that many mustang owners are keeping the stock bars, and doing other changes instead. On my old 911 I upgraded the bars and it was night and day difference much better handling.

Sam if I want to control the body roll and understeer on my DD and some times track, do you think that is better that I skip the bars and go instead for a watts link set up?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I'm glad you are happy with the combination and that you're pleased with the result.

The stock bars are pretty good sized but they aren't ideal. They aren't adjustable, the front bar is a bind big time, and I personally find the rear bar actually a bit too much relative to the front bar/springs, especially on a stock Brembo/Track pack or Boss car.

Body roll is controlled by springs and bars. The Watts link isn't a roll control device. They do cool things, but given what you state I'd think I'd do bars first.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:43 PM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

I'm glad you are happy with the combination and that you're pleased with the result.

The stock bars are pretty good sized but they aren't ideal. They aren't adjustable, the front bar is a bind big time, and I personally find the rear bar actually a bit too much relative to the front bar/springs, especially on a stock Brembo/Track pack or Boss car.

Body roll is controlled by springs and bars. The Watts link isn't a roll control device. They do cool things, but given what you state I'd think I'd do bars first.
Thanks for the advice Sam. I will follow your advice and contact you as soon as I'm ready ($) for the bars. You re the man.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 AM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Hi Sam
In your web page I saw that you have 3 strano bar kits. Which is the one that you recommend me for my needs and which holes on the bars to use?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Generally I'd recommend the SB1 kit unless you have some need to change front endlinks. The other kits come with either the solid rear bar which it best suited to heavier convertibles, or cars with very staggered setups, and/or the comp style front endlinks which use rod-ends and are best left for more hardcore track use because rod-ends can make some noise.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

While your here Sam id like to see what you think of steedas new X brace too :

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...race-555-5093/

Worthwhile? Would be nice to be able to keep the seats, but i suppose you lose a bit of storage capability since it will block the pass through - atleast for large items like windows... which i happen to haul in my mustang recently.

Performance wise, im not sure if its worth while. I do hear a bit of creaking from the rear when backing out of a steep gutter , wonder if this item would really stiffen the car up and make it solid or make a noticible difference.

Last edited by Andy13186; 06-19-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I will be carrying this too, just haven't had time to get it on the website. It's certainly not a bad thing to brace a giant hole in the back of the car, stiffer chassis is not generally a bad thing in any respect.

There are two issues, one maybe more critical to some than others. 1. Just what you mentioned, for any large object that's not like a broom, you basically have lost your fold down rear seat. 2. The part isn't legal for say SCCA STX or ESP autocross classes. If those things don't bother you, do it.

Edited because I got it added to my website: http://stranoparts.com/partdetails.p...215&ModelID=35

Last edited by Sam Strano; 06-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:01 PM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Generally I'd recommend the SB1 kit unless you have some need to change front endlinks. The other kits come with either the solid rear bar which it best suited to heavier convertibles, or cars with very staggered setups, and/or the comp style front endlinks which use rod-ends and are best left for more hardcore track use because rod-ends can make some noise.
Thanks Sam,
That is the one that I will get later from you, and from there I will follow it with a watts link Fay2 also from you. Talk you later Bud.

Quick Reply: Best adjustable swaybars for 5.0 GT?