Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Need Opinions on Springs (Sportlines, H&R SS, Tein S.Tech owners get in here!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:05 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Default Need Opinions on Springs (Sportlines, H&R SS, Tein S.Tech owners get in here!)

Sup bros.

I need some help. I've been researching this for months and can't make up my mind. I want springs that are going to be as low as possible while giving the best ride quality possible.

I know, rah rah lowering and ride quality don't mix get steeda sports, rah rah rah.

I'm stuck between:
  • Eibach Sportline
  • H&R Super Sport
  • Tein S.Tech
  • Steeda Extreme Sport

I don't care about handling performance on a road course. I don't do any sort of racing with the car anymore.. just putting about to school and work, and to the occasional show. I simply want the biggest drop with the least sacrifice in ride quality. I'll be running them with Koni Yellows and supporting mods.

I'm almost leaning toward the Tein's since the spring rate is soft (front: 174lb/in / rear: 174lb/in), but not sure if a softer spring is such a good thing? I could adjust the Koni's to be stiffer if need be. Steeda Extreme Sport's advertise a huge (-1.75" / -2") drop, but I can't find any info on them and it seems like nobody even knows about these, but the Steeda website basically claims they ride like ****.

Any input/reviews on the listed springs or personal experience with ride quality would be much appreciated! Or pictures with 20" wheels

Thanks
Old 02-09-2014, 07:59 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

I haven't been able to drive mine a while lot since I got it thanks to Wisco winter, but the ride wasn't bad at all with sport lines. I still have to put koni yellows in as well as the PO left the stock struts and shocks in when he lowered it.

Need Opinions on Springs (Sportlines, H&R SS, Tein S.Tech owners get in here!)-image-2022776191.jpg
Old 02-10-2014, 07:40 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

We suggest on the website, that you should look at the following parts to retain the stock ride ... these springs are lowering the car quite a bit:

ue to the large amount of vehicle lowering, a Steeda's bumpsteer kit and X5 ball joint kit is strongly reccomended for the front suspension. Rear control arm relocation brackets, adjustable upper 3rd link and an adjustable panhard bar are also highly recommended.
With that being said ... here is a consumer that put them on his/her car that didn't have any issues:

The springs gave my 2011 gt a completely different attitude, and ride is not too bad considering it is such a low drop. Helped with the handling of the car and nose dive during breaking. Very impressed with the quality of springs and will recommend steeda products to everyone I know.
You can email me at tim@steeda.com if you would like more information.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 02-13-2014, 01:24 PM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

I went with Eibach pro series and netted just over 1" of drop, so little help if you are looking for the most you can get. But I am satisfied with my ride quality now and braking (not breaking) dive has been greatly reduced
Old 02-13-2014, 06:00 PM
harddock

FYI 20" wheels with a super low profile tire is going to add to your ride like **** dillema
Old 02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

You are not likely going to like the ride from ANY of the springs on your list. The only way to significantly reduce ride height and retain even the suggestion of decent ride even with 18" wheels is to buy a high quality coilover setup with shortened strut bodies and rear dampers with a shortened stroke. Even then the limiting factor is the rear axle and the frame rails.

If static looks are your only goal which is what you seem to be claiming, Air Ride is the way to go.

Good luck.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Sup bros.

I need some help. I've been researching this for months and can't make up my mind. I want springs that are going to be as low as possible while giving the best ride quality possible.

I know, rah rah lowering and ride quality don't mix get steeda sports, rah rah rah.

I'm stuck between:
  • Eibach Sportline
  • H&R Super Sport
  • Tein S.Tech
  • Steeda Extreme Sport

I don't care about handling performance on a road course. I don't do any sort of racing with the car anymore.. just putting about to school and work, and to the occasional show. I simply want the biggest drop with the least sacrifice in ride quality. I'll be running them with Koni Yellows and supporting mods.

I'm almost leaning toward the Tein's since the spring rate is soft (front: 174lb/in / rear: 174lb/in), but not sure if a softer spring is such a good thing? I could adjust the Koni's to be stiffer if need be. Steeda Extreme Sport's advertise a huge (-1.75" / -2") drop, but I can't find any info on them and it seems like nobody even knows about these, but the Steeda website basically claims they ride like ****.

Any input/reviews on the listed springs or personal experience with ride quality would be much appreciated! Or pictures with 20" wheels

Thanks

The lower you go the STIFFER the spring needs to be to keep from crashing into the frame or bottoming out the strut body. Read the lowering thread.