Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

wheel tire combination: 275/40R19 & 285/35R19 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

the difference wont be big enough to be worthwhile at all compared to your current setup, also if you got this suggested setup your rears would be shorter than the fronts.

Last edited by Andy13186; 04-19-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:42 PM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BigJay
I am running 19x10 Forgestar cf5's all around with 285/35/19. Car is more neutral now and does not feel as twitchy. The 285's are very close in size to the brembo wheels and tires that came on the car. The improvement is very noticeable.
Very nice setup. Do you have any rubbing at the front?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:45 AM
BigJay

Originally Posted by M3hunter
Very nice setup. Do you have any rubbing at the front?
There is no rubbing and I would call this an easy fitment on a brembo car. The research was a pain...not really a bunch of good info out there on what wheels work in 19x10. I spoke with a few vendors trying to sort this. I wanted to buy from AM and use the rear only fitment 19x10 +42 offset as it is readily available, in stock, and if you bugger one up easy to get a replacement. Howe Industries said the cf5 would need to be special built to clear and the AM wheel would not work without a 3mm spacer. Vorschlag had not mounted the cf5 and could not confirm, although, the f14 they had mounted and needed a 3mm spacer to clear the brembo caliper. Talking with Forgestar they said it would fit with plenty of room and they were correct. Forgestar is very accessible on the phone and great to work with and AM has exceeded my expectations in customer service( that's another story).

I am running Michelin PSS and they fit perfectly on the 19x10 and have ample clearance and you could go wider or taller. I really joined the board just to get this information out there for guys that want the wide square setup.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:46 PM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

There is no rubbing and I would call this an easy fitment on a brembo car. The research was a pain...not really a bunch of good info out there on what wheels work in 19x10. I spoke with a few vendors trying to sort this. I wanted to buy from AM and use the rear only fitment 19x10 +42 offset as it is readily available, in stock, and if you bugger one up easy to get a replacement. Howe Industries said the cf5 would need to be special built to clear and the AM wheel would not work without a 3mm spacer. Vorschlag had not mounted the cf5 and could not confirm, although, the f14 they had mounted and needed a 3mm spacer to clear the brembo caliper. Talking with Forgestar they said it would fit with plenty of room and they were correct. Forgestar is very accessible on the phone and great to work with and AM has exceeded my expectations in customer service( that's another story).

I am running Michelin PSS and they fit perfectly on the 19x10 and have ample clearance and you could go wider or taller. I really joined the board just to get this information out there for guys that want the wide square setup.
D

Great!!. Do your front & rear have the same offset?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 PM
BigJay

D

Great!!. Do your front & rear have the same offset?
Yes, the Forgestar cf5 19x10 +42 offset on all four. AM has them and they say rear fitment only.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:29 PM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Yes, the Forgestar cf5 19x10 +42 offset on all four. AM has them and they say rear fitment only.
I think they should look great in your car, please share me some pictures. If you noticed, your set up, is very similar to the one from the Camaro 1LE that is a monster at the track just that it has 10" wheels at front an '11 at the back. I think you are ready to eat some 1LE's at the track, and if you add the Strano adjustable Sway bars or something simillar, you will be hard to beat. I envy you man.

I think the 19" wheels fill the wheel holes better than the 18"s.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 PM
BigJay

I think they should look great in your car, please share me some pictures. If you noticed, your set up, is very similar to the one from the Camaro 1LE that is a monster at the track just that it has 10" wheels at front an '11 at the back. I think you are ready to eat some 1LE's at the track, and if you add the Strano adjustable Sway bars or something simillar, you will be hard to beat. I envy you man.

I think the 19" wheels fill the wheel holes better than the 18"s.
I like the 19's as well a happy medium on looks and still hit some track days and auto x. Still researching lowering this car and looking for a happy medium there too. Here are some pics.

When I saw how wide the tires were I was shocked. I thought no way are those going to fit. Crazy thing is there is more room if you go wider or taller. I think you start to enter the realm of diminishing returns not to mention the tire price skyrockets for the next step and that is why guys stick with the 18". The 285/35/19 works well and the handling change on even stock suspension is really good.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 PM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Big Jay, Great looking car!
By the way I lowered my car with STEEDA Sport springs & KONI shocks from Strano, this improved the handling and the looks of my car, I believe front was lowered by 1" and back by 1.25". The Mustang should come out from the dealership with that setting. Stock shocks suck. Those were my first mods to my car.

Last edited by M3hunter; 04-20-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:07 AM
BigJay

Big Jay, Great looking car!
By the way I lowered my car with STEEDA Sport springs & KONI shocks from Strano, this improved the handling and the looks of my car, I believe front was lowered by 1" and back by 1.25". The Mustang should come out from the dealership with that setting. Stock shocks suck. Those were my first mods to my car.
Thanks for the compliment! I am considering the steeda springs like the sound of the good ride quality...how is overall performance? I want a watts link too damn this stuff adds up fast!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:43 AM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the compliment! I am considering the steeda springs like the sound of the good ride quality...how is overall performance? I want a watts link too damn this stuff adds up fast!
Very good handling not to low to scrap your ride, just combine it with good shocks like KONI's.
I heard that STEEDA's and FAYS 2 are the best watts links, give Sam Strano a call, he will put you in the right direction.

Quick Reply: wheel tire combination: 275/40R19 & 285/35R19 anyone?