Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

which coilover is the best for mustang drifting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM
ponychase

Default which coilover is the best for mustang drifting?

I hava a 2013 v6 mustang, I intend to having fun by drifting just at weekend, anyone knows which is the best choice for my mustang drifting balanced with daily driving? I found lots of brand like: SR EIBACH HR BC RACING KONI FORD RACING. But not sure which one to choose..
Old 04-23-2014, 01:28 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Anything with adjustable rebound/stiffness....
Old 04-23-2014, 01:49 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

If you want something inexpensive to start with, something that had lots of adjustment in ride height, rebound adjustment, compression adjustment, and if you want, custom spring rates as well, I'd go with BC Racing, they've got great coilovers and we sell them for dirt cheap!

BC Racing BR Series Coilovers for Ford Mustang

I hope that helps out! PM me if you have any questions
Old 04-23-2014, 04:18 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ponychase
I hava a 2013 v6 mustang, I intend to having fun by drifting just at weekend, anyone knows which is the best choice for my mustang drifting balanced with daily driving? I found lots of brand like: SR EIBACH HR BC RACING KONI FORD RACING. But not sure which one to choose..
I agree anything that's adjustable will work perfectly for drifting. I'm not sure what your budget is, but you honestly don't even need coilovers to drift a Mustang. You can stick with simple lowering springs and adjustable struts/shocks. They'll easily suit your needs and save your wallet.

That being said, just about any coilover kit is going to give you want you need. We have everything from Eibach Pro-Street to the super high-end KW Suspension coilovers!

Hit me up if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Shane
Old 04-24-2014, 05:37 PM
ponychase

My budget is between 1000 to 2500. I want to start with a higher level not a beginner so that I can get more traction which is really helps drifting a lot. The coilover must be strong enough and has more space for me to adjust caz I won't change them for years in the future. How do you guys think of KW or have any better choices?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:38 PM
ponychase

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
I agree anything that's adjustable will work perfectly for drifting. I'm not sure what your budget is, but you honestly don't even need coilovers to drift a Mustang. You can stick with simple lowering springs and adjustable struts/shocks. They'll easily suit your needs and save your wallet.

That being said, just about any coilover kit is going to give you want you need. We have everything from Eibach Pro-Street to the super high-end KW Suspension coilovers!

Hit me up if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Shane
My budget is between 1000 to 2500. I want to start with a higher level not a beginner so that I can get more traction which is really helps drifting a lot. The coilover must be strong enough and has more space for me to adjust caz I won't change them for years in the future. How do you guys think of KW or have any better choices?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:45 PM
ponychase

Originally Posted by ModBargains
If you want something inexpensive to start with, something that had lots of adjustment in ride height, rebound adjustment, compression adjustment, and if you want, custom spring rates as well, I'd go with BC Racing, they've got great coilovers and we sell them for dirt cheap!

BC Racing BR Series Coilovers for Ford Mustang

I hope that helps out! PM me if you have any questions
I'm not sure if BC Racing RAM Type runs better than BR Series? Is it do help to drifting?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ponychase
I'm not sure if BC Racing RAM Type runs better than BR Series? Is it do help to drifting?
The RAM series is for sure way more intense than the BR series that's for sure. The RAM series coilovers are inverted coilovers which would be better for the track, but would be less comfortable for the streets. If you're willing to compromise daily driving comfort, it would be an upgrade from the BR series.