Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Brakes sucks Ford GT 2005!

Old 09-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Madfred

Its my fathers car.. He needs to change disks aswell he is going for this kit, im skeptical but his choise...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FITS-MUSTANG-F-R-DRILLED-SLOTTED-PERFORMANCE-BRAKE-ROTORS-CERAMIC-PADS-/281395283508?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item4184774634&vxp=mtr
Old 09-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Madfred

Any thoughts?
Old 09-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Frankly, I have my doubts that any $250 full set of rotors and pads would be any better than what's on the car right now.

Try to find out who actually makes the pads, and what they mainly make mention of in any advertising. Sometimes the order in which the various attributes (stopping power, noise, dust, rotor wear) are mentioned provides a clue to the kind of us that is intended.

Norm
Old 09-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Madfred

Here you go!
http://www.atlautosports.com/

Last edited by Madfred; 09-30-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Madfred

Have checked some other forums those who use them , say they works fine.. they who don´t use them says that: if it is so cheap is crap ? !!
I know math so the material they are using in the brake rotors shouldn´t be so good as the more expensive ones (Cracks?).. If they dont just take out a bigger advance on the more pricy ones..
best regards
Old 09-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

ATL Autosports is just a parts reseller, not a parts manufacturer, and those parts are priced similarly to popular OE replacement-level pads and the "budget-priced" drilled/slotted rotors available at any of the mass-market retail parts stores (Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Autozone, etc.).

You're already unhappy with what's on the car now for brakes, and unless you know differently, you have to assume that it's all OE or at most OE-replacement level stuff.

The average driver who is the typical customer for OE replacement brake pads and rotors (because he needs that brake job RIGHT NOW and settles for what's kept in stock because he doesn't know any different) doesn't drive hard enough to be able to give useful opinions concerning stopping power or fade resistance. Useful opinions about dust and noise, sure. About rotor wear, maybe. "Works fine" without any further description means they at least don't work any worse than the worn-out stuff they replaced.

Norm
Old 10-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Madfred

Pretty much what I told my father.. I would have gone for Brembo..
Old 10-07-2014, 12:01 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

If you don't want to spend the big cash for big brakes upgrade your lines to stainless steel lines. By far the best improvement for the buck. They can be had for $120. I did this with some EBC pads and rotors with great results.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:01 PM
KNS Brakes
Former Sponsor

Spend the money on pads, rotors are more/less a fashion statement for a car driven on the street. You're not going to notice much of a difference in pedal feel with rotors. Quality and durability to the elements is what you pay for in a rotor.

Centric Premium Rotors are inexpensive, durable, and a great choice for anyone who is on a budget. I have lots of customers who run these on their race cars.

Pads are what's most important, if you buy crap pads, expect crap results. Centric/StopTech/Hawk/Carbotech, all great choices to go with.

-Nick
Old 10-23-2014, 12:03 AM
JThor
2nd Gear Member

I agree with Norm. Another option for pads are the Performance Friction "Z-Rated" pads. They came stock in the 2010 track pack cars and will work with the 2005-10 GT brakes. I use them for light track use and they're great. Very street able. I only notice problems on cold days.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brakes sucks Ford GT 2005!