Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Einach sport kit

Old 10-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Floorguy
1st Gear Member

Default Einach sport kit

Hi all! I'm thinking about getting Eibach sport kit springs done on my 2012 vert. Just wondering if I can keep factory shocks and struts for now, I will Change them eventually, just a little tight on cash for now. Also, will it improve handling, and look more aggressive than stock? Just worried that I might be too hard of a ride. It's just my weekend fun car. Any opinions? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 10-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Mikie13

I've not had experience with Eibach Sports on a Mustang, but I have in Subaru WRXs...and they rode relatively closer to stock. Little stiffer, but the spring rates weren't too hard. The drop will likely make the stock struts wear out faster than if you remained stock height, but you should be ok for a year or so (Probably depends more on mileage).

However you likely won't experience the best performance and feel until you DO get shocks that match the springs.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:00 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I really think you'd be better off getting good shocks & struts first and holding off on the springs. Handling composure and the confidence that comes from a car that doesn't get 'floaty', or bobble around on its suspension in an abrupt turn is more a function of those than springs. Whether the springs would be worth a few hundredths of a lateral g way out there where your post doesn't indicate you'll ever be driving is irrelevant.

In any event, Sportlines are probably too low for Koni yellows. Not sure about oranges. There may be a shortened Bilstein that'll work (check with Vorshlag).

Just so you know, I put something like 16 track days on my '08 with only shocks/struts and adjustable sta-bars as significant suspension mods. Harder driving than your '12 will ever see unless you install a roll bar or cage (required for convertibles on track).

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-28-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:47 AM
Floorguy
1st Gear Member

Just noticed!! "EIBACH"!! Sorry!

Search this Thread