Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

OH MY GODDDD!!! SHELBY GT.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:23 AM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OH MY GODDDD!!! SHELBY GT.

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

ORIGINAL: CFLstangGT

I have to chime in on this one....

1st the shelby GT is a cool looking mustang, but for someone to pay 40k +, wow......I just don't see it, quite honestly, I don't see ANY mustang as worth that much, BUT I LOVE mustangs period.

GT500 is by far worth the money purely for the power plant and the look is i think more original, SGT is really not that different other then some plastic badges and a few parts, the amount of money Ford is making on that car, wow insane.

gorgeous cars though!

keep in mind my perspective is jaded, i work for Lexus corporate and am used of my GS430, lol......but it could never be like my 7GT.

to the person looking at the stangs, but the GT/CS looks the same, less the spoiler, and yes the badges and funny looking hood scoop bolts....and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less...
The Ford dealer across from me where i got my Shelby has a Gt/CS mustang out front and it is beautiful. White, 5 speed ect....

But they changed it. They put the Ford racing handling pack (Lowered 1 1/2") also, Ford Racing CAI w/ tune, and im not sure if there was something else or not but the price they had on it was 44K. So in this case, you get less for more? But that is this dealer and i dont know if the others are going to follow suit? Im not sure if this something this dealer decided to do or what but, but if it had the stripes of a Shelby, from far away you would of thought it was one. It really looked good with the white color and polished bullitwheels on it.

they are looking to rip someone badly....

pretty well appointed with navi 33.6k msrp.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:31 AM
dodgers
1st Gear Member

Does it relly matter what you pay for yourride as long as your wearing a shiiiiiiiit eating grin as you drive down the highway? I paid 38kcash for my 07 gt/cs with warranty extended to 75k. I felt I got a great deal and a great looking stang. I've heard a lot of negatives about the gt/cs, I just lol, I got what I wanted and love it.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:38 AM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dodgers

Does it relly matter what you pay for yourride as long as your wearing a shiiiiiiiit eating grin as you drive down the highway? I paid 38kcash for my 07 gt/cs with warranty extended to 75k. I felt I got a great deal and a great looking stang. I've heard a lot of negatives about the gt/cs, I just lol, I got what I wanted and love it.
your right on my friend, when it is said and done as long as your happy, its perfect....
Old 06-08-2007, 12:38 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

I agree with ya on that sir!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:58 AM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotty07

The one thing I don't like on the Shelby GT is that cheesy looking hood scoop. Otherwise I like the look of the car.
I thought the same thing. It looks like an afterthought.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:22 AM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

I really like the Shelby GT but I think I like the GT-H better. I like the Black/Gold combo.I saw a Shelby GT today at the vet's office and a young girl that just got out of high school was driving it (still had paper tags). Great looking cars!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Speaking of Shelby GTs, I was looking on e-Bay and saw a white Shelby GT(for $38,990-brand new), but when I noticed the pics, the car was based on a deluxe GT(had the vinyl steering wheel, no IUP-meaning no MyColor), but had parchment leather with charcoal door inserts and a single disc cd stereo. I guess they make the Shelby GTs out of any GT model(now why did I think they were all premium based?). $40K is pretty steep for a vinyl steering wheel....................btw I noticed a lot of GT500s with a "buy now" price around the $54-57K range(some 'verts were $56K) and all were brand new. Maybe the prices are starting to come back to earth?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:48 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

holy shiz. i hope it's at least a vert for that price.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 AM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chupac

ORIGINAL: Scotty07

The one thing I don't like on the Shelby GT is that cheesy looking hood scoop. Otherwise I like the look of the car.
I thought the same thing. It looks like an afterthought.
Again, more opinions, howeverthe hood scoop is there to mimick that which was used on theShelby Cobras, which were riveted on.The overall car pays tribute to the look of the '66 Shelby GT-350. I know one thing, it must look pretty darn good because I have never had a car which gets so many compliments and thumbs ups.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

ORIGINAL: americaniron

When ever Courtesy ford in N.E. North Carolina gets the shelby stangs, they sell them for m.s.r.p. Still to much for my taste. I like customizing my own cars, and that would ruin the value of the shelby. I just wouldn't have the heart to change every thing on a car that was made to be a limited production.
Nothing wrong with that my friend, Thats what makes us all "Unique".................

I got mine because i like the "whole package" It said everything i wanted to doto a stang and the Shelby part for me was Icing on the cake.....................
+1

The Shelby GT had everthing I also wanted inmods + the Shelby name. In fact, one the coolest parts of this thing is the S H E L B Y across the trunk lid. Which looks especially good without the spoiler. Much better than the SHELBY lettering on the GT500.

The GT500 is unique looking just like it was in '67 and '68 and I would buy one too if I had the $$ (black with silver stripes of course). However, IMO, the tweaks that Shelby did to make the SGT, were genius. The black 2007 SGT is really much better looking than the '67, '68, or '07 GT500s. IMO, it is truly the best lookingMustang Ford has ever produced.

Everytime I get in or out of this car I look at it and just shake my head and mutter "AWESOME"!

Quick Reply: OH MY GODDDD!!! SHELBY GT.