Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

driving a GT500-whats it like?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:38 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default driving a GT500-whats it like?

how does it compare to the GT? obviously its faster but i have a hard time wrapping my mind around what it would feel like
Old 09-19-2007, 11:26 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: driving a GT500-whats it like?

[sm=badbadbad.gif]The coupe or vert.? Just kidding , I have the coupe as well as a V6 vert auto and never driven the 4.6 yet and can't really answer that question honestly. Other then having a clutch thats kinda stiff compared to my p/u and a supercharger with the 6 spd trans.its pretty bada$$ trying to launch off of 1st gear could be challenging searching for traction into 2nd some light fishtailing, it screams while all along hearing that supercharger whistle.

Well worth MSRP in my opinion for those lucky to get one for that, I know I didnt but Im happy I got it this whole time.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

I think the beast way to describe it is that it feels like a stock GT but has the performance of a lowered GT with (4:30s, blower, etc) you get the picture.
I don't see a difference in performance between my modded GT and the GT500. The ride is much better.

It's like comparing a standard pickup with a King ranch.

I always get a crack out of the comments comparing it to a Z06.. Fact is, A Z06 doesn't come close to a 2.8KB Gt500 in acceleration and we all know the Z06 ain't no king ranch......

Pat

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

how does it compare to the GT? obviously its faster but i have a hard time wrapping my mind around what it would feel like
Old 09-21-2007, 08:05 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I love the z06 and the shelby GT500, but i have to say a lingenfelter corvette z06 would be a killer machine, period.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfe...boCorvette.htm

its a 800hp twin turbo beast, that weights nothing. Once again, i would take a GT500 in a heart beat; but give that vette some respect; its wana of the best if not the best american sport car made to date.

ORIGINAL: freefallpat

I think the beast way to describe it is that it feels like a stock GT but has the performance of a lowered GT with (4:30s, blower, etc) you get the picture.
I don't see a difference in performance between my modded GT and the GT500. The ride is much better.

I always get a crack out of the comments comparing it to a Z06.. Fact is, A Z06 doesn't come close to a 2.8KB Gt500 in acceleration and we all know the Z06 ain't no king ranch......

Pat

Old 09-21-2007, 09:28 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

I agree but they are different cars completely. The vette is a race car with the good and the bad that comes with a race car.

The GT500 is a nice comfortable car to cruise around and you can still kick ***. I agree itis notin the same category in regards to performance.

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

I love the z06 and the shelby GT500, but i have to say a lingenfelter corvette z06 would be a killer machine, period.

its a 800hp twin turbo beast, that weights nothing. Once again, i would take a GT500 in a heart beat; but give that vette some respect; its wana of the best if not the best american sport car made to date.

Pat

Old 09-22-2007, 07:26 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

I agree but they are different cars completely. The vette is a race car with the good and the bad that comes with a race car.

The GT500 is a nice comfortable car to cruise around and you can still kick ***. I agree itis notin the same category in regards to performance.

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

Pat

With the $90,000.00 more theLingenfelter cost you could really mod the heck out of,well 2 GT500s.