Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Shelby GT Vs. CS6

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby GT Vs. CS6

I think the CS6 is a more unique Mustang. A Shelby GT in my opinion is a glorified GT. I think I'd rather have a CS6 over a Shelby GT.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:33 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PolozLX

I cannot believe you are going to whoop Santa Clause. Thats just wrong....
I hope no small children are reading this. He really does look like Santa, i got a good look at him as he was going through the burger king drive-thru. He looked uncomfortable in that car.

You gotta figure Santa would need a fast car since his slay flies at the speed of light.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: gtucker4

Side note- Using the logic from this arguement, a S/C Shelby GT would be cheaper, almost as fast, and a TRUE Shelby, compared to the GT500. Hmmmmm.... What do you guys/gals think about that?
A supercharged mustang GT can be faster than a stock GT500, but the GT500 has way more potential due to forged internals and more displacement, but for the price it's just not worth getting either. Stock mustang GT $26,500, whipple HO supercharger $5,700, install for supercharger $0, do it yourself it's freaking easy, Showing your tail lights to the fat old guy in the stock GT500, priceless!

There is a fat old guy with a GT500 in my little hick town, helooks like santa claus, no bull****, but i've yet to line up next to him.SantaClaus if you're reading this(red gt500 with white stripes) prepare yourself for the asswhoopin you are about to receive.
Dude, There is a guy around me that looks EXACTLY like santa clause and drives a RED gt500 with white stripes. Im in FOrt myers and im begginging to think it is the same guy. I alread put about 4 cars on him from a light, followed by a flyby and the finger.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:46 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Dude, There is a guy around me that looks EXACTLY like santa clause and drives a RED gt500 with white stripes. Im in FOrt myers and im begginging to think it is the same guy. I alread put about 4 cars on him from a light, followed by a flyby and the finger.
I doubt he's driving back and forth between Ft. Myers and Palatka, Fl, but you never know. I've seen this guy twice in Palatka. There's a black one around here as well. You should not beflipping off Santa Claus, just think of the consequences.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

LOL the hselby forum gets no love so we continue to bash the price gouging right here in the main forum.Woot gotta love it

I havnt SC'd(cantwait the sooner the better)yet and am already faster than the Shelby-GT, but it's not about speed when it comes to a shelby its about the name sticthed on your *** pocket
Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

See, what A said up top is what made me consider this in the first place. The CS6 is way more unique AND attainable, than any other Shelby badged car. Dash plaque, or not, it is called a Shelby car, so that would mean something in certain circles. I know I could put together a custom car, with all my own parts choices, for less, but if I ever decided to shift gears and sell it, I'm just not sure it would bring as much as even a CS6, nevermind a Shelby GT w/ or w/o FI. Just got back from lunch, so I'll get that price comparison up asap...
Old 10-05-2007, 01:45 PM
GPStang06

ORIGINAL: gtucker4

See, what A said up top is what made me consider this in the first place. The CS6 is way more unique AND attainable, than any other Shelby badged car. Dash plaque, or not, it is called a Shelby car, so that would mean something in certain circles. I know I could put together a custom car, with all my own parts choices, for less, but if I ever decided to shift gears and sell it, I'm just not sure it would bring as much as even a CS6, nevermind a Shelby GT w/ or w/o FI. Just got back from lunch, so I'll get that price comparison up asap...
There has been talk and continues to be talk about offering a dash plaque with the CS6/CS8 kit but nothing concrete yet. Last heard was if it was it would be available it would only be available if your purchased the full 'Turn1" or "Turn 2" kit but this plaque would also not have a CSM number. My guess is it would either be the same as the one with Caroll's autograph on it from his foundation that you can buy or something similar.

You could also just purchase the appearance stuff from the kit,(Hood, Fascia, Rims, etc. etc.) and put them on a GT. Build your suspension and drivetrain the way you want with the parts you want.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:06 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Shelby bs. Just a reworked regular old gt;gears,minimal exterior body add ons, cheap ford racing cai, cheap for tuning, prm. octane upgrade, gtas.Shelby gt won't be a collector's item. All ford did was confuse people. When you tell people you got a new shelby, there gonna be looking for the gt500, not the shelby(regular old gt). Just some old man looking to make some money off his name. Hey you think maybe the roush stage 1 will be a collector's item? Haha. Anyone looking into a shelby gt, just get a regulaer gt, save a lot of money and do some proper mods.Just get a gt and you'll be happy with it.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brad281

Shelby bs. Just a reworked regular old gt;gears,minimal exterior body add ons, cheap ford racing cai, cheap for tuning, prm. octane upgrade, gtas.Shelby gt won't be a collector's item. All ford did was confuse people. When you tell people you got a new shelby, there gonna be looking for the gt500, not the shelby(regular old gt). Just some old man looking to make some money off his name. Hey you think maybe the roush stage 1 will be a collector's item? Haha. Anyone looking into a shelby gt, just get a regulaer gt, save a lot of money and do some proper mods.Just get a gt and you'll be happy with it.
The FRPP CAI is the steeda CAI w/o the intake tube so quality is still there, for the most part FRPP parts are good quality parts although sometimes a bit over priced. The Shelbygt DOES go through SAI before being delivered but the GT500 is built at the ford factory and never see's SAI(except for maybe the SS packages but not sure)so go figure. As far as the sgt not being worth it I would say yes it's not worth the ADM but if offered below MSRP I would buy one.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Buckman

Either way they are both slow for the amount of money you pay. I vote neither.
I would have to vote the same way. I've thought for a long time that Shelby was just whoring his name out to bring in the cash.
Unless collectibility is your thing then the Shelby GT is vastly overpriced for what it is.
For the CS6, while it looks good, they are forcing you to put the Paxton SC on it, which personally wouldn't be at the top of my forced induction list.
Really it all depends on what you are going for. Personally I would rather take a base model and put the mods on that I want. Costs less, more performance, and I am all about track et's.

This is the best post of that thread so far...
Do it yourself from a base car and you'll have a unique Stang. You'll be cheaper than the Roushes,Saleen ,Steeda,Shelbys and all the other bullsh#ters out there selling their name.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT Vs. CS6