Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Found a Cobra for 50k + No Tax

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:48 AM
TomCS07

Default RE: Found a Cobra for 50k + No Tax

Is the tax something new as I was told if you buy from a private party (not a dealer) you didn't have to pay sales tax, in Florida you have to pay no matter who sold it to you. I am getting ready to move to Georgia soon from Florida if house sells..
I have seen a few GT500 below $50,000 recently, maybe it's a sign of the times, money is getting tight.
I have thought about one for awhile but need to sell 1 of my Backdrafts first.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:44 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TomCS07

Is the tax something new as I was told if you buy from a private party (not a dealer) you didn't have to pay sales tax, in Florida you have to pay no matter who sold it to you. I am getting ready to move to Georgia soon from Florida if house sells..
I have seen a few GT500 below $50,000 recently, maybe it's a sign of the times, money is getting tight.
I have thought about one for awhile but need to sell 1 of my Backdrafts first.
Got any more pics of your Backdrafts? those things look sweet.

What's it like to drive a true Shelby?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:49 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

but it then sell it for more!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Sho

ORIGINAL: NELS GT

Today at the dealership they had three 427R's, 1 awesome V6 PP "Mach 1" car, and a S-PJ BOSS 302 replica. Good stuff. The Mach 1 v6 was grabber orange with black stripes, black hood scoop, chin spoiler and was selling for $22k, the BOSS clone was used and had 10k miles but was being sold for $25k - they'll probably get that out of it too.

The salesman was suddenly nice enough to start up one of the ROUSH's for me once I popped the ol' hood and showed him my Shaker system. They sound beastily.

NELS GT
Just a question, are thos boss clones actually something ford does or is that a kit people buy from a company? I saw one near where i live and the guy was looking at my Stage 2 like he wanted to race and the car seemed to be a V6 with a fancy sticker on the side. Is there anything different about these cars or are they just all show and no go? because i seriously thought about smacking the guy for trying to pass of the V6 for a BOSS anything let alone a BOSS 302 because there is no comparison between the 2. An old friend of my dad has one and it is an amazing machine. No V6 short of a 20psi blower would stand a chance at hanging with a real boss. Anyone have info on this, sorry to hijack the thread but i had to know...
Old 10-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Sho

Ok i found out they actually did make a replica, but it only comes in grabber orange and this was just some punk in a V6 with the sticker and the car was black... Sry for the hijacking again...back to the topic...
Old 10-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I wish I had stuff like this around me. None of the Ford dealers have any interesting cars whatsoever.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

This sales tax thing need to be double checked. When I was stationed overseas (germany) and purchased a car there, I did not pay any sales taxes. Once I shipped the car to the US, the first question the DMV asked me was to show them where I had paid taxes. Since I stated that I had not, the state collected sales taxes before I could get my registration/plates. Lucky for me the state sales taxes for vehicles was very low...

Bottomline: I would imagine same would be true for all states, but who knows..I am no expert of DMV stuff....
Old 10-08-2007, 11:23 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Fraser Dante is a company that sells classic cars ... either outright or on consignment ... they usually have 2 or 3 cars for sale at all the car shows in Georgia. Since they are a business you will need to pay sales tax if you live in Georgia. Every classic are I have seen them selling is way overpriced ...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

The dealership right next to my house just got one in and its selling for 45k! btw this is in Rome, GA. so its not too far from ya, its red with white stripes. one sexy car!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:49 AM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TomCS07
Is the tax something new as I was told if you buy from a private party (not a dealer) you didn't have to pay sales tax.
I hope the person giving you this "advice" isn't the same person that does you taxes!

Quick Reply: Found a Cobra for 50k + No Tax