Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

My job is great

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:57 AM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My job is great

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

ORIGINAL: NyFordTech

This past week we had an older man come in with a gt500 complaning about wheel hop, as we all no this is normal for are cars without upgrading rear suspension. So me and my service manager talked the guy into getting the BMR LCA's and UCA so he ordered them from brenspeed whom i recomended him to talk to Brent. I got to put the parts on yesterday at work, the best day i have ever had at work. Overall the gt500 hooks up so much better the tires jus poof up in smoke LOL. I finshed the install and grabbed another tech to come out with me (shaparone jus in case a got a lil to crazy) Got to rost the guys tires a handfull of times then let the other tech drive it.

I'm sorry but that pisses the hell out of me when you tech's do that in cars you don't own. If you want to beat up on a car do it in your own ride. Just last week the dealer was replacing my blower in El Centro and he too piled in 2 other guys and went screaming out of the parking lot in my car and didn't come back for about 15 minutes[:@][:@]. Iwas f*cking raging on him when he returned, first thing I noticed was my intercooler temp was at 165[:@][:@], and I had 23 extra miles on the odometer[:@][:@]. I gave him a terrible review 3 days ago when the Ford quality assurance survey came in the mail.

Bottom line it's not your property to be roasting the tires, it's a different thing if the owner consented and or was in the ride with you at the time.
Did you even read the post The first thing you do when a cust. has a complaint is verify the concern in this case it was wheel hop so when he signed the Repair order that was consent to burn the tires

Yes iv heared of LI stangs, maybe ill see you there or if cunigham park is still goin on
Old 10-20-2007, 10:58 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

I got to put the parts on yesterday at work, the best day i have ever had at work. Overall the gt500 hooks up so much better the tires jus poof up in smoke LOL. I finshed the install and grabbed another tech to come out with me (shaparone jus in case a got a lil to crazy) Got to rost the guys tires a handfull of times then let the other tech drive it.
So, you and the other guy had a great day at work because basically you both got to rag onsomebody elses car, that;s a nice touch [:@] Where do you work, just so I know where to avoid
you beat me too it, at least I'm not the only one that thinks this is plain disrespectful. The dealers out here don't even give you a test drive in a corvette unless you actually give them a deposit down, no one gets to test drive a Z06 before they purchase it. Then that person that slaps down 60-70K for that car gets his first oil change and sees his ride screaming down the road from some $10 an hour tech.

True story the local dealer got sued for $150,000 when a customer came in to have his custom oredered Z06 have new wheels and rims put on. The service tech peeled out of the parking lot doing a left hand turn, ended up spinning out and hitting the curb and ultimately a wall and tree. The guy sued for punitive damages and I believewon due to neglegence on the dealers part.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:02 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

so because he signed a release form that gives you the right to "roast his tires several times" as you put it. You realize that he could have suedyour dealership for more than the value of the car if you hadwrecked it and he will win in court everytime.Sorry if that was my car I would have been in your face like I was at the El Centro delearship. A consent form doesn't give the dealership the right to put 23 miles on the car and take the intercooler to almost overheating because they were obviously beating up on it, and last why take 2 other people with you in a customers ride?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:02 AM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

I now exactaly where your comming from 07scgt but u must not have read he gave consent and was cool with it End of Story! it was me and another tech who origanelly got the car before me,i then told the guy about upgrading it.
After you install mods you dont test them out to see if theres anything wrong?

BTW i didnt think this thread would be so controversal!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Sure I test them out, meaning me. THat's exactly why each and every time I drop my car off I put her in valet mode , which is 35 MPH top speed and max rev 3K. I left my tuner in Az because in my wildest dreams never thought I would break down in Yuma. Long story short, my tuner is piece of mind that no one is beating up on my car. All of the mods that I have had done, I was the one that drove the car afterwards, and yes the tech was in the passenger seat.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:13 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: NyFordTech

I now exactaly where your comming from 07scgt but u must not have read he gave consent and was cool with it End of Story! it was me and another guy.
After you install mods you dont test them out to see if theres anything wrong?
+1
Gotta test the new installs to see if they corrected the wheel hop.
I saw nothing wrong with this tech and his form of testing.
"Got to rost the guys tires a handfull of times then let the other tech drive it."
I dont see any highway hot rodding being done here. No bad.
Customer said that testing was alright? I thought so. Back off.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:18 AM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

I would be the same way if someone was instaling my stuff belive me i see exactlly where your coming from but this was a totaly diffrent situation he was totaly cool about it and had no problem with it, its not likeI beat it in to the ground. Sry if anyone get affended for me test driving it after the install wanted to make sure everythng was good and to see if wheel hop was gone. [sm=hail.gif]
Old 10-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

lighten up frances.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Sorry if I went off a little, it's just so recent to my bad experience with the guys beating my car up with my S/C swap. I mean 23 miles isn't a test ride that's a joy ride. Yes, I did sign a consent form, but it never read 23 mile test ride on the consent form.

I'm sure you do a good job, and your manager obviously trusts you enoughto let you take the car out, and that says a lot about your character and integrity.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

By the way, I am a service advisor, so let me put my 2 cents in. I am sure when the customer dropped off the vehicle, it was explained to him that they will try for wheel hop when it is done. At that time the customer could either say. No way, I will drive or Do what is needed. You can't just drop our cars off at a dealer with that kind of concern and not expect them try it out when done. imo.

Quick Reply: My job is great