Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

does the ford factory supercharge shelby GT's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Bunker

Default does the ford factory supercharge shelby GT's?

I am trying to get the low down on a Shelby GT at a local dealer, the problem is I can't seemt o get information about the car that makes sense to me.

I was under the impression the only supercharged mustangs fromt he ford factory were GT500's. The salesman is telling me that the particular Shelby GT (a black 07) is supercharged and he says it came that way from Ford. The original MSRP (I got them to fax me that at least, says $32K before it went to vegas) but they now have an MSRP of $59,345 (which is more than a GT500 locally) but they are only asking $57K. The only thing I noticed about it was the addition of 20" razors (I saw it over the weekend when they were closed).

I plan on gong by after work today but the wait is killing me, I doubt we are talking about the same car and I highly doubt that it's supercharged at all. I just wanted to know if anyone had heard of a Shelby GT coming supercharged and NOT have the GT/SC letterign.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
clark17357

Default RE: does the ford factory supercharge shelby GT's?

Hi Bunker,

Welcome. The only factory supercharged Mustang is the GT500. All Shelby GTs are naturally asperated. Folks who buy the Shelby GT have the option of having their cars modified at Shelby in ways that include a supercharger. For instance, my 2008 Shelby GT is going back to Shelby on January 14, 2008, for the installation of a supercharger and some other goodies.

The price you are being quoted forthe car is pretty out of line. Here is the current price sheet from Shelby regarding all options. These are installed prices:

Paxton Super Charger (Satin) $6,195.00
Paxton Super Charger (Polished) $6,395.00
Ford Racing/Whipple Supercharger (Black) $7,480.00
Ford Racing/Whipple Supercharger (Polished) $7,850.00
Shelby/Baer Big Brakes $2,400.00
20" Shelby Razors w/Tires $2,175.00
Shelby Brake Duct Kit $499.00
Shelby Gauges (Supercharged cars) $1,087.00
Shelby Gauges (non Supercharged cars) $980.00
Lower Grille w/Driving lights $425.00
Sequential Tail Lights $ 249.00
GT Spoiler $499.00
Billet Fluid Caps $310.00
CS Grille w/Driving Lights $575.00
GT-H/CS Hood $1,599.00

Your Shelby is going to cost something like $42,250 (about $32,000 for the base car with some Ford options, $750 for transport, $9,500 for the build at Shelby, including the GG tax). Your local taxes are additional. So you can see you would be at about $48,500 with the supercharger. You can get a Shelby GT for MSRP and Shelby's prices, as indicated, are installed prices. The dealer is way, way high on the price for this car unless there is more to the car than you have indicated (I know you will know more after you see it).

In addition to all you find on this Forum, try this Forum as well: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showforum=32

There is a great deal of information in these two Forums that you may find helpful. Hope this helps and best of luck. I would love to seeyou join the ranks of Shelby GT owners.

Jim

Old 12-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Bunker

Thanks clark17357, I'm pretty sure it's one of two things; 1. it's a gt500 their goving me pricing on or 2. they are trying to charge some insane amount over MSRP.

I'm looking at a white 07 SGT for $36K and this $59K that this other dealer is asking is driving me nuts trying to figure out what they've added.

I gues I'll find out in a few hours... Thanks again for the info.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:51 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bunker

2. they are trying to charge some insane amount over MSRP.
I'd be willing to bet its #2.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:59 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

I am trying to get the low down on a Shelby GT at a local dealer, the problem is I can't seemt o get information about the car that makes sense to me.

I was under the impression the only supercharged mustangs fromt he ford factory were GT500's. The salesman is telling me that the particular Shelby GT (a black 07) is supercharged and he says it came that way from Ford. The original MSRP (I got them to fax me that at least, says $32K before it went to vegas) but they now have an MSRP of $59,345 (which is more than a GT500 locally) but they are only asking $57K. The only thing I noticed about it was the addition of 20" razors (I saw it over the weekend when they were closed).

I plan on gong by after work today but the wait is killing me, I doubt we are talking about the same car and I highly doubt that it's supercharged at all. I just wanted to know if anyone had heard of a Shelby GT coming supercharged and NOT have the GT/SC letterign.
Could they be talking about this car? https://mustangforums.com/m_4044412/tm.htm
Old 12-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

That's the car he is talking about, it's worth 37k or so.

ORIGINAL: steele901

Could they be talking about this car? https://mustangforums.com/m_4044412/tm.htm
Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

not quite, you obviously only looked at the first pic. thats a shelby gt/sc. i know that owner shipped his car back to shelby to have the car upgraded. i'm just saying its possible the dealership did the same.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Bunker

I wish it was a GT/SC but it's not. I just got back and it just goes to show you how some dealers are just, well, retarded...

first, the list is $49K and not 59K

second, they took a Shelby GT and put 20" foose wheels (I said razors up top but they are foose) and then put on a whipple sc

even at $49K it seems to be to high (thats $13K more than the white SGT I've been eyeing) for a whipple and some foose wheels.

and the fact that it's not going to be a registered supercharged sgt puts me off.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

Thats my car... I didnt have to ship it back, I had all the mods done at shelby before it was delieverd to my door (they have to deliever it to your house after its been supercharged)
Old 12-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

A Whipple installed on any Mustang GT by Ford under the ford Powerpack Plan costs 7k. It's funny how dealers think they can get the same rip off prices on cars already marked up by Shelby autos (3k) and Ford (3k) as they did on GT500's.

Quick Reply: does the ford factory supercharge shelby GT's?