Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Dyno of my SGT

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno of my SGT

I think that's the best bet.

Anything that doesn't really modify the appearance, or as I said send it out to Vegas to have Shelby do the big bolt ons if that's what you choose that route.

Just doing stuff yourself for some extra ponies, I would think headers, driveshaft, pulleys, and a re-flash would be about the limit. Maybe even a more proven CAI(and just box up the FRPP one).
Old 01-23-2008, 06:38 PM
redwarrior

ORIGINAL: 07 Shelby GT

Here is the dyno for my 07 SGT. I wanted to get one done, before any work was performed on it, for a baseline comparison.

[IMG]local://upfiles/82785/A46C0D3E24C1444792AC021FAF71D781.jpg[/IMG]
It produces about 280 peak hp at 5200 rpms.

Please correct me if I'm reading that wrong.

Just curious what is the red line on these cars?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
07 Shelby GT
2nd Gear Member

To answer redwarrior....it readlines at 6k.

Blackhawk, that brings up a question concerning "reflashing" my chip. I realize they flash it at Shelby thus the reason for 91+ octane requirements. How much more hp do you think could be gained by dynotune? Also, how many do you guess will be the increased gain from headers and dynotune? Anybody, have any guesses?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redwarrior

Here is the dyno for my 07 SGT. I wanted to get one done, before any work was performed on it, for a baseline comparison.

[IMG]local://upfiles/82785/A46C0D3E24C1444792AC021FAF71D781.jpg[/IMG]
It produces about 280 peak hp at 5200 rpms.

Please correct me if I'm reading that wrong.

Just curious what is the red line on these cars?

yes, you are reading it right.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

To answer redwarrior....it readlines at 6k.

Blackhawk, that brings up a question concerning "reflashing" my chip. I realize they flash it at Shelby thus the reason for 91+ octane requirements. How much more hp do you think could be gained by dynotune? Also, how many do you guess will be the increased gain from headers and dynotune? Anybody, have any guesses?

Redline is 6100...(at least that's what I was told even though it looks like 6000 on the gauge)

IMHO, I would not bet that Ford's re-flashing for 91oct is anywhere near as radical as a Bama or Brenspeed tune. Plus, I don't think the FRPP CAI is anywhere near the top of the heap in terms of performance. With a good set of headers, and top notch CAI, and a 93oct tune via an SCT/Diablo tuner, will probably net you around 300rwhp. But that's just my guess...
Old 01-25-2008, 04:39 AM
07 Shelby GT
2nd Gear Member

Blackhawk, I like the way you think. You answered my next question which was concerning my CAI. I have been thinking about replacing it, but didn't know what was preferred. The local shop I go to uses the xcalibrator. Do you know anything about this tuner? Is it a good one? I realize that a lot of them come with CAI as a package which is what I will probably end up with, but if it will get me 20 more horsies than I will probably make the plunge. 20 is what I was hoping for.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:23 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

20 is what I was hoping for.
You will probably only net 10 more rwhp. Your CAI is made by Steeda, but uses the factory inlet tube. I would just order the Steeda Carbon Fiber HF Inlet tube and either get a Brenspeed or Bamachips tune. A dyno tune my get you 5 more rwhp for a total of 15 rwhp.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

Blackhawk, I like the way you think. You answered my next question which was concerning my CAI. I have been thinking about replacing it, but didn't know what was preferred. The local shop I go to uses the xcalibrator. Do you know anything about this tuner? Is it a good one? I realize that a lot of them come with CAI as a package which is what I will probably end up with, but if it will get me 20 more horsies than I will probably make the plunge. 20 is what I was hoping for.

I just ordered a Xcal. The tuners are so close together in terms of adjustability, and functions. That I went with the one that comes standard with a USB cable(not a 9 pin serial).

Also as jdmcbride stated. The CAI is made by Steeda, but it still uses the factory inlet elbow. You could either replace it with the aftermarket tube as he mentioned, or buy something else all togehter. I still think with a Bama or Brenspeed 93 tune you will next a little more than 15hp.

Then after you get everything done that you want, change out your driveshaft as the last mod, and see how much more that gives you...
Old 01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

those are good numbers stock. my GT stock was 255 rwhp/ 275 tq. just a mod suggestion for the shelby GT that would increase the value: BOOMTUBES!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 AM
07 Shelby GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the input. I really do appreciate it.

I like the boomtubes, but I have always feared the drone (resonance) in the car. Do you know where I can find a sound sample of what they sound like? I have been cruising youtube and other sites and haven't found one yet. Anyway, thanks again.

Keep the advice coming!!! I am open to all kinds of ideas. I am not new to mustangs, but am to mods for the most part.

Quick Reply: Dyno of my SGT