Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Got pulled over in my GT500

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:27 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got pulled over in .my GT500

my mom saw a car pulled over two years ago by a lightning....i knew s*** would only get worse from there
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
hankins213

nice you got lucky because i had to go to court for going only 20 over
Old 03-07-2008, 06:47 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Where the Hell do you people live, Russia. They have to, by law, call a marked car to to actually pull you over. Down South you have the right to shoot that POS. and ask Questions later.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 AM
JOHNNYB

uh, not in south carolina they dont, the only difference between marked and unmarked pulling you in sc is that if it is after dark if a car w/o roof lights tries to pull you over you can call 911 or *HP and let them verify that they have an officer in the area and let them know to let the officer know that you are aware that they are back there but you are looking for a safe (well lit/populated) area untill you pull over...and here around the Myrtle Beach area they have all kinds of unmarked cars, from standard unmarked crown vics and Z-28's to full size SUV's with rims and tint and systems, to jacked up 4X4's to import tuners...pretty much if you can imagine it they have it, heck we even have a few marked and unmarked BMW 5 series running around (the result of BMW putting a plant in Greenville)
Old 03-08-2008, 08:42 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I live in south jersey and if its not american; i dont worry about it. Virgina i think is the crazest state ever; i saw everything pulling everything over. lol
Old 03-08-2008, 08:48 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a cool guy! Here they dont have to have a marked unit either, in fact most places around the country they dont have to have a marked unit... Just have to have enough lights and a full uniform usually.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:00 PM
armystrong
1st Gear Member

Wow, if you really think that your an idiot. HOWEVER YOU do have the right to request a marked car upon approach. But an officer does not have to be marked to pull you over. What would be the point of having them if they couldn't pull you over?
ORIGINAL: mobydick

Where the Hell do you people live, Russia. They have to, by law, call a marked car to to actually pull you over. Down South you have the right to shoot that POS. and ask Questions later.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:04 PM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

In GA. and I'll bet in most states the Law states you have to Give Right of way (Move over one lane or to the shoulder) for clearly marked Vehicles with Emergency Lights, (Fire, Police, Ambulances). It states nothing about required stopping for unmarked Police Cars. In GA. Police a officer in a unmarked car CANNOT pull you over or even write you a ticket. They are required to call a Marked Patrol car with a Uniformed Officer to pull you over and then they must tell that Officer what they claim you did. They can follow you with their lights flashing, but you are not obligated to stop for them.

To many woman have been abducted that way!!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:06 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

mustve been funny for other people to see a guy get out of a gt500 to go rummaging through trash cans...lol
Old 03-09-2008, 08:25 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

yea the station worker came out and was like sir did u loose something...i would have gave him a little heres ur sign joke but i was the idiot 4 throwing s*** away

Quick Reply: Got pulled over in my GT500