Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Procharger kit on the way for my '07 SGT

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 PM
bonds Stang

Default Procharger kit on the way for my '07 SGT

Just ordered my Procharger stage 2 kit for my 2007 SGT. Should be here in about 2-3 weeks. Can't wait to have 460+ HP!!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:22 PM
hypersurf1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger kit on the way for my '07 SGT

Let us know how you like it. It will be the first SGT with a Procharger that i know of.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:53 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bonds Stang

Just ordered my Procharger stage 2 kit for my 2007 SGT. Should be here in about 2-3 weeks. Can't wait to have 460+ HP!!!!!

What made you choose the pro charger?

Just curious.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2008, 06:07 AM
StangPride02

I have an '07 SGT and I am looking for a SC to put on it. My friends say to go with the Whipple twin screw. I have priced the Paxton as well. Why the Procharger and what kind of deal did you find on it?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

2-3 Weeks? Who did you order from? I got my kit in 3-4 days, lol...The procharger is a great blower and makes a lot of power especially if you go with the 10psi pulley...I actually decided to go with the D1SC because I bought the tuner kit and adding the D1SC was only $200 more...The paxton is also a very nice kit, the 2200 SL is the one I would go with on that paxton...I think you will be very happy with your choice...I have heard that the base tune you get with the procharger kit is crap though...so I wouldn't expect real power until you get a custom tune...that is the other reason I bought the tuner kit so that I could get it tuned by a local shop...which in my case was Modular Power House...
Old 04-25-2008, 07:31 PM
bonds Stang

i looked at both the Kenne Bell and the procharger. i liked the idea of kenne bell and all that power down low, but in my opinion i think it will put a little more stress on the stock motor with all that power down low. also i don't like the idea of having to rip the intake manifold off, in case i ever go to sell it and want to put it back to stock,(since I'm doing the install myself). the procharger is easy to tune, i plan on using the out of the box tune till i can get it to the tuner, and if i ever want to go to more boost, it's easy to tune since it comes with the diablo sport predator. i looked at the d-1sc also, basicly it flows 100 cfm more and capable of 25lbs boost instead of 24lbs, which will never make a difference to me since i will never use that much boost. i also went with the stage II with the bigger 3" piping and 3 core intercooler.

I got mine from Livernois motorsports in Detroit. I looked at a couple places and found they had the best customer assistance. Only took one phone call to get them on the phone (unlike THR who never answers). I spoke with Tony and he went out of his way to call Procharger while I was on the phone and clarify my questions. He has been calling me and letting me know whats going on with my order. He called and said Procharger started building it, that they received it and had shipped it out. (In all it's only been a week and it's already on it's way to me). I've never had service like this from a parts place. I definitely recommend Livernois Motorsports. I paid $5k even out the door.

I'll post some pics once i get it installed next week.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:40 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bonds Stang

i looked at both the Kenne Bell and the procharger. i liked the idea of kenne bell and all that power down low, but in my opinion i think it will put a little more stress on the stock motor with all that power down low. also i don't like the idea of having to rip the intake manifold off, in case i ever go to sell it and want to put it back to stock,(since I'm doing the install myself). the procharger is easy to tune, i plan on using the out of the box tune till i can get it to the tuner, and if i ever want to go to more boost, it's easy to tune since it comes with the diablo sport predator. i looked at the d-1sc also, basicly it flows 100 cfm more and capable of 25lbs boost instead of 24lbs, which will never make a difference to me since i will never use that much boost. i also went with the stage II with the bigger 3" piping and 3 core intercooler.

I got mine from Livernois motorsports in Detroit. I looked at a couple places and found they had the best customer assistance. Only took one phone call to get them on the phone (unlike THR who never answers). I spoke with Tony and he went out of his way to call Procharger while I was on the phone and clarify my questions. He has been calling me and letting me know whats going on with my order. He called and said Procharger started building it, that they received it and had shipped it out. (In all it's only been a week and it's already on it's way to me). I've never had service like this from a parts place. I definitely recommend Livernois Motorsports. I paid $5k even out the door.

I'll post some pics once i get it installed next week.

Cool! Look forward to it.................