Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Where are the MSRP GT500 Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Where are the MSRP GT500 Dealers?

I am getting the itch for a GT500. Knowing some of you have recently bought a GT500 at or below MSRP, could you let me know what dealer.
I am trying to put together a list of dealers that will do MSRP so that I can beat my local dealer over the noggen with it when he tells me no one is selling under 5k over MSRP. I am really getting sick of the feud with this sales dude. I told him I can travel across the country for one and still save over what he is willing to sell for locally.

I would just love to drive up in a brand new GT500 for MSRP and rub his nose in it as say, 'See... it could have been you making the deal but... NOOOOOOO! Now its your loss...'
Old 06-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Where are the MSRP GT500 Dealers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

I picked these because each are in different parts of the country and each are under MSRP. The bad part is most of them will be sold today if you don't want them.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:38 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

where are you located at?? But in any case.... i got mine from westfield ford in Illinois... not to far away from chicago.... out of about 6-7 dealers this was the only one that sold me mine for 46k and window price was 59k.... you need to really call around... some dealers want to deal and some think they are sitting on gold.... but im very glad i bit the bullet and bought mine, what a different monster compared to my 07 mustang gt.. good luck on your search.

Nick
Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

4 dealers here in the tampa area that will sell 1 of their cars at msrp. just have to be a SERIOUS buyer....I have said this before and advised some of the forum members who contacted me what dealers they were and they told me that the forum member was just inquiring if they would sell at msrp and the dealer response was no....which i will advise anyone again...if you are not serious about buying it..they will not negotiate. you have to be willing to buy and close on the deal....so if you are in the area and serious, let me know , I will advise you who to contact.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:30 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

I picked these because each are in different parts of the country and each are under MSRP. The bad part is most of them will be sold today if you don't want them.
The last GT500 is great, below MSRP but the other 2 have miles on them??
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimeForPain

where are you located at?? But in any case.... i got mine from westfield ford in Illinois... not to far away from chicago.... out of about 6-7 dealers this was the only one that sold me mine for 46k and window price was 59k.... you need to really call around... some dealers want to deal and some think they are sitting on gold.... but im very glad i bit the bullet and bought mine, what a different monster compared to my 07 mustang gt.. good luck on your search.

Nick
I am located in Mid-Michigan near Flint.
BTW, Did they take your 07 on a trade?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:39 AM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

When I was shopping around, I noticed the MSRP deals tend to be away from the more heavily populated areas at the smaller dealerships. Makes sense I guess, since the larger dealerships get more traffic and are more likely to have folks come in that can drop money on an ADM.

I drove 40 minutes away and got mine at MSRP from Zumbrota Ford in MN...the local dealer wanted 10-15K over sticker. Well worth the 40 minute drive!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:35 PM
oldschoolera
2nd Gear Member

Shelor Ford in Christiansburg, Virginia and Nelson Ford in Martinsville, Virginia will sellat or below MSRP. You must be ready to buy though. I purchased mine (08 GT500 brand new) from Shelor...located my car on the internet cars.com and then linked to Shelor...dealt with internet salesman Bowie Clift...very knowledgeable and straight-up kinda guy. Shelor's contact info: shelorford.com (2265 Roanoke Street, Christiansburg, Virginia 24068, 540-382-2981). Good luck.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragon Stang

ORIGINAL: TimeForPain

Nick
I am located in Mid-Michigan near Flint.
BTW, Did they take your 07 on a trade?

Yeah, i traded in the 07..... the car was basically payed for, i owed 600 bucks..... but i got 24.5k for the trade and wound up financing like 25ish after everything
Old 06-29-2008, 12:52 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

Sioux Falls Ford out of Sioux Falls, SD will sell at MSRP and Sanderson Ford out of Glendale, AZ will also sell at MSRP. (family in SF and I am not far from the Phoenix area)

Quick Reply: Where are the MSRP GT500 Dealers?