Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Why did you mod your new GT500?

Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Here are a few things I did to my GT500.

1. Added a Shelby GT500 dead pedal.
2. Tinted the windows 30 percent to give it more character.
3. Added the strut tower bolt dressup kit because it looks better.
4. Added a clear bra because I hate chips.
5. Added Shelby tips to the exhaust because they look better.

Other than that, I am going to probably add a CAI and tune for some little extra performance. I had a 05 Mustang GT that was heavily modded because the parts were cheap and it gave it my own look. The GT500 is great the way it is from the factory so why mess with perfection?
Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I haven't changed one thing on mine...but I gotta say.....it's GETTING TEMPTING~!!

If I was to do anything, I'd upgrade the exhaust first thing. CAI/tune wouldn't be far behind........maybe lowering springs........

Aaaagggghhhh~!!!! (It's a disease of the mind that controls you~!)
Old 08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mullens
You're no fun cheft....
i like to have fun...dont get me wrong...I modded the heck out of my previous car....and know how contagious it can be...I am truly happy with the gt500 platform and realize that this car begs to be modded.. I just dont see the purpose of modding this car much more to be above the HP i have...dont get me wrong. I dont begrudge anyone doing this...I just realize that for me to put 5-10k or more into my car for performance is not needed for a daily driver...I will never have it on the track...and as nice as 600+ HP sounds ...it (IMO) is just not practical for a car that I drive every day,,,,now I say this yet I am still modding it and have modded it...but not to the level allot have...I mean my mods have been more simple...I added Frrp Stingers before it left the showroom floor....Tinting the windows is almost a requirement in Fla...so that was done..a short antennae...some billet caps are going under the hood...probably the ford racing strut bar...(cosmetic) and I just got my slightly used (LOOKS LIKE BRAND NEW) FRRP Cold air intake today from a member from another forum..(Could not pass it up for the price of only $300) sending out the pro cal tuner to FRRP to have them reflash for my car....other than that...I can honestly say, that will be it....I was just curious why I read how so many have bought gt500's and had them less than a couple months and they already stick 5-10k++ into them....its like WOW...some said they did it and NEVER race either....yet they drive a car with 600++ HP...I ask them will they ever race..they are "NO, but its nice to know their car can" anyways...I am off my box..MOD away..just was curious if the why was the same as it is with the regular mustang gt etc...thx...