Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

V6 Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Smile V6 Shelby

I did the Shelby tour this last Friday, and it seems that they might be upgrading 05-current V6 at shelby starting at 9k- 19k for the supercharger 375+hp .............if they do proceed with this project it looks like the Moderators may have to open another section?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Old 08-18-2008, 05:26 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

naw....it goes with the other Shelby cars in this section... just like the CS6....

although it would be funny if they had to go to the V6 section
Old 08-18-2008, 09:55 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

This is what I love about the old man Shelby.....he and his designers are always considering new ideas. He is a very dynamic individual, his ideas are always reaching out for something new.

Wow.....I sooooo like him.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:31 AM
thewheelman
2nd Gear Member

Ol' Shel still has some tricks up his sleeve. I love the "post-title" program....in other words, buy what you want, take it to them and you can buy as much HP as you can afford....all installed under the Shelby name.....ol dude is still finding ways to make money. Did you see the interview with him in Mustang Monthly? He was driving one of his "new" cars and scared the crap out of the Shelby Inc. pres. Said he thought she had to go change her pants, 'cause "I don't see as well as I used to"....what a guy. Come on, let's see some of those V6's ready for the V6 Challenger and Camaro....
Old 08-18-2008, 01:15 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

F/I V6 FTW! that could beat the Camaro and Challenger haha
Old 08-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Talking

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
This is what I love about the old man Shelby.....he and his designers are always considering new ideas. He is a very dynamic individual, his ideas are always reaching out for something new.

Wow.....I sooooo like him.
So you're going to be like one of those girls on "Girls Next Door" you know, playboy bunny early 20ish chick diggin hardcore on the old dude :-S (Hugh Hefner)
Old 08-18-2008, 03:45 PM
thewheelman
2nd Gear Member

Llama, what I meant, was that both the camaro and challenger will be offered in a "non" hi-po version too. Both will offer V6's just like the Mustangs.....
Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
thewheelman
2nd Gear Member

redcobra, waaaaay back in the late '80's I had a niece getting married in Dallas, actually in Lewisville, TX. I had heard rumor of a "shelby museum" in the area but nobody seemed to know much about. I called every Mustang shop and Ford dealer in the DFW area and finally one of them said, "Oh, you mean the chili factory?" Being from W. KY, we'd never seen Carroll Shelby's Chili Mix, so we made a trip out to the factory. There was CSX0001, along with a GLH, a half dozen Shelby Mustangs, and in the lobby, right next to a HUGE cast iron chili kettle was one of the original Daytona Coupes. Somewhere I've got a picture of me and my sons standing in front of it. They were like 8 and 5 and looked confused....they couldn't tell why Dad was so giddy!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:05 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
So you're going to be like one of those girls on "Girls Next Door" you know, playboy bunny early 20ish chick diggin hardcore on the old dude :-S (Hugh Hefner)
I'm just going to be a lady and say the I respect Mr Shelby very much.

Quick Reply: V6 Shelby