Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Ready for Mods. Is FRPP the way to go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by polo708
Aw, my name in all caps? it shows you care.

Offended that you don't know what FRPP stands for? No... I just expected someone who had a fake and real Shelby to know the difference... I am offended at the "tribute" Shelby though. Why dont you stick a VTEC badge on there while you're at it.

I was writing it the way he wrote it, I guess it's a bit too much for you to understand huh?
POLO Why don't you go find another forum to infest with your garbage!!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
dont be too hard on him 2cokeman..he is "special" ...short bus special..and he drives his grandmas corrolla....
Old 08-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Mullens
1st Gear Member

It's not just WOT performance that a good tune brings you. I don't know about the FRPP and pro cal set up, but my JLT/SCT gives so much more low end grunt and part-throttle response than stock. That's something to consider when choosing a set-up...drivability in real world driving.

Last edited by Mullens; 08-30-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:09 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mullens
It's not just WOT performance that a good tune brings you. I don't know about the FRPP and pro cal set up, but my JLT/SCT gives so much more low end grunt and part-throttle response than stock. That's something to consider when choosing a set-up...drivability in real world driving.
+1...I will say this.the pro cal tune is definitely allot more responsive than stock across the throttle. the throttle response is allot better at low and mids. However, if mega power is what you seek then the pro cal tune is way too conservative. without even having my car custom tuned, just from what I read there is allot more power being left that the pro cal tune does not even touch...Justin at VMP has done a good writeup on the CAI's the power and what they do with HIS tunes...its a good read...
Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM
polo708
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
that is SOO cute. You are sticking up for him like a big sister should.

dont be too hard on him 2cokeman..he is "special" ...short bus special..and he drives his grandmas corrolla....
That Grammar and spelling is just killing you huh? there must be something wrong with your R key. Im flattered that you went back like 4 years worth of my posts to talk about my Corolla. Its supercharged and gets me 33 MPG to and from work. Keeps the miles off of my weekend car but I guess you missed that one. My Mustang (non-poser edition) that is putting down more than your Shelby. click it, you know you want to

Im in no way arguing that my mustang is better than your GT500. Im a huge fan and im currently looking for one, Not a GT500 though. I want one that has actually seen a Shelby factory. I bet you are the type that has to buy acceptance huh? You probably have no Ford or Mustang knowledge but what the hell... "Ill buy a GT500 so I can fit in with a clique that doesnt like me", throw around a term I dont understand like FRRP and i'll be golden! Either that or you were you just sick of all the laughs your GT got after you put that SHELBY wannabe emblem on the back. Which is it?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:22 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

that is SOO cute. You are sticking up for him like a big sister should.

That Grammar and spelling is just killing you huh? there must be something wrong with your R key. Im flattered that you went back like 4 years worth of my posts to talk about my Corolla. Its supercharged and gets me 33 MPG to and from work. Keeps the miles off of my weekend car but I guess you missed that one. My Mustang (non-poser edition) that is putting down more than your Shelby. click it, you know you want to

Im in no way arguing that my mustang is better than your GT500. Im a huge fan and im currently looking for one, Not a GT500 though. I want one that has actually seen a Shelby factory. I bet you are the type that has to buy acceptance huh? You probably have no Ford or Mustang knowledge but what the hell... "Ill buy a GT500 so I can fit in with a clique that doesnt like me", throw around a term I dont understand like FRRP and i'll be golden! Either that or you were you just sick of all the laughs your GT got after you put that SHELBY wannabe emblem on the back. Which is it?
yeah, you pegged it all...man I am so ashamed,,,,boo hoo. seriously, I do not understand your point you are trying to makes except that I put an r instead of a p...your right until 2006 I owned 1 mustang..I am by no means picking on your choice of corrolla..nor am I comparing whose car is faster...my 2005 gt was allot more than show...it was built by me, my dad and my 10 year old son....we built it together...sappy story...but you would not understand about family connections I guess so I wont bore you with the details.,,,as far as who likes me nonsense...whatever...the more you type, the more you reinforce your imaturity. its ok...you can be rude...you can make little puns..it does not change who I am...I dont need to justify why I own what I own....but you sure need to justify your existence for some reason. maybe its you that has issues that you need to work out...good luck to you...hopefully someday you will sit back and realize just how petty you sound....
Old 08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

My Mustang (non-poser edition) that is putting down more than your Shelby. click it, you know you want to
by the way...that is a very nice looking stang you have there....nice power etc...I just am not a big fan of that years body style...

Last edited by cheftjpeck; 08-29-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 PM
polo708
2nd Gear Member

It's very petty, I agree right now... but im at work bored out of my mind and this is entertainment.

I made a simple comment about "FRRP" and you and your little lap dog responded like im an idiot. Then you post about my "Corolla" of all things?(just one R in Corolla and just one L in alot) That right there showed me you are taking the angle as being better than me because I have a Corolla. Well, I have 3 cars I pay for and a Corolla is one of them. Im a Mustang lover at heart but its not worth the wear-and-tear to drive my car daily. So now I have a "grandma car"? Well, if Granny drive a supercharged water-injected Corolla pushing 10 pounds of boost then I guess you are right.

I also bought my 6 year old son a 67' fastback shell to build with him as soon as he starts showing an interest, but you're right... I wouldnt understand about "family connections". Funny how assumptions work.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:46 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

It's very petty, I agree right now... but im at work bored out of my mind and this is entertainment.

I made a simple comment about "FRRP" and you and your little lap dog responded like im an idiot. Then you post about my "Corolla" of all things?(just one R in Corolla and just one L in alot) That right there showed me you are taking the angle as being better than me because I have a Corolla. Well, I have 3 cars I pay for and a Corolla is one of them. Im a Mustang lover at heart but its not worth the wear-and-tear to drive my car daily. So now I have a "grandma car"? Well, if Granny drive a supercharged water-injected Corolla pushing 10 pounds of boost then I guess you are right.

I also bought my 6 year old son a 67' fastback shell to build with him as soon as he starts showing an interest, but you're right... I wouldnt understand about "family connections". Funny how assumptions work.
so why are you insisting on busting my chops???? jeesh...lets just chalk it up to internet entertainment..I understand boredom at work......I am going to PM you something just for the heck of it...to help you better understand my choices...
Old 08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ooooh.....boosted corolla, scary

Quick Reply: Ready for Mods. Is FRPP the way to go?